Cyclists

@Meridian is right.
Sunsundegui is one of the few main makes of coaches that I'v never been an example of. The Ulsterbus ones were always considered better than BE ones on this forum anyway. A lot of the rattles on the SP is caused by the luggage racks not being tightened, plus the old door issue is caused by drivers moving off before the door is fully closed.
This is also really helpful for disabled persons. All basic wheelchairs like these can drag into it.

All the motorists are wrong in that clip. As are you most of the time on here.

Can I ask you Roxy, do you think cyclists, yes even John Grace, should have a bell on their bicycle whenever they are out on the public roads/paths?

And if they don't do you think they should be fined for every recorded (they keep recording it don't they) incident? And if so, how much should the fine be?

1. Same for any motorist.
2. I'd wager it would be a lot easier for a cyclist to either avoid the pedestrian completely, crash but not hit pedestrian, slow down sufficiently that even if he did hit the pedestrian it would be at low speed and unlikely to cause serious harm.
None of which could be said for a motorist driving the same speed.

As a matter of interest what do you reckon is an injury-free stopping distance for all concerned on a dry road for a cyclist doing 40kph compared to a car doing 40kph?

A) the limit is just that, a limit. It's not a target.

B) I'm going to safely assume the driver wouldn't beep at someone driving a car doing 40 in a 50 zone.

C) "holding up traffic?" That stretch of laneway is at the very most about 500 metres. Going an extra 10kmph faster isn't going to make much of a difference. "Holding up" 😂

D) The lane clearly has markings to show cyclists are to use the lane too

And yet graceless John reckons the markings indicate cycling priority. :unsure:

1. Same for any motorist.
2. I'd wager it would be a lot easier for a cyclist to either avoid the pedestrian completely, crash but not hit pedestrian, slow down sufficiently that even if he did hit the pedestrian it would be at low speed and unlikely to cause serious harm.
None of which could be said for a motorist driving the same speed.
Doing 40kph he's not going to be able to slow for any ped that steps out unless they are a good ways off. Avoid yes. Slow down no. Yes the motorist is an idiot for beeping but stopping in the middle of the road to argue is also dumb. Just hang back and overtake when safe. No aggro needed. What I want to see is dash cam footage of people behind him and how he rides.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

3rd Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Sunday & Bank Holiday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 2pm

More events ▼