Cyclists

There you again with "predicting threats", the first video he was nearly rammed of the road deliberately, who thinks a motorist is going to do that? If you have stop your journey because you think every motorist that come along side is going to ram you off the road, why cycle at all? The second video, there is no oncoming traffic so as a cyclist you would assume. that the motorist has plenty of room to overtake but no he preferred to do a punishment pass.
It's easy.

1st video. Big white van on his right. He's in its blind spot, doesn't slow down and nearly gets pancaked because he assumes the van is not a risk and has seen him.

2nd video. Big white SUV in the lane behind him to the right. He stays out wide of the kerb and nearly gets clipped when it passes too close because he assumes it is not a risk and that the driver will give him clearance.

Just to clarify I'm not excusing the drivers in either. Both very dangerous, however in both cases he didn't appear to have even the slightest inkling these were threats until they were on top of him.

At least he managed to get some nice footage for his minions.

It's easy.

1st video. Big white van on his right. He's in its blind spot, doesn't slow down and nearly gets pancaked because he assumes the van is not a risk and has seen him.

2nd video. Big white SUV in the lane behind him to the right. He stays out wide of the kerb and nearly gets clipped when it passes too close because he assumes it is not a risk and that the driver will give him clearance.

Just to clarify I'm not excusing the drivers in either. Both very dangerous, however in both cases he didn't appear to have even the slightest inkling these were threats until they were on top of him.

At least he managed to get some nice footage for his minions.

1st video. He is in a cycle lane, so do you think a cyclist must stop or slow down every time a vehicle pulls along side them in a different lane? The blind spot argument is irrelevant as what business has the van driver cutting him off in a cycle lane? He just passed him so he knew where he was.

2nd video. The driver should have given him clearance, it's the law. You think if he was closer to the kerb the driver would have given him the required space?

1st video. He is in a cycle lane, so do you think a cyclist must stop or slow down every time a vehicle pulls along side them in a different lane? The blind spot argument is irrelevant as what business has the van driver cutting him off in a cycle lane? He just passed him so he knew where he was.

2nd video. The driver should have given him clearance, it's the law. You think if he was closer to the kerb the driver would have given him the required space?
To be fair in the first video it’s a very poorly laid out junction. No clear lanes. Agree he’d no business cutting the corner but clear broken lines the whole way through that junction could prevent this pinch point.

In the 1st video you're assuming the van driver saw him.

I'm the 2nd video you're assuming the SUV driver is familiar with the law regarding passing cyclists, and will give enough space.

When you are on 2 wheels never assume the guy on 4 wheels knows what he's doing, or has even noticed you.

IF i come across a cyclist hogging the road i never would wish himbad health or injury,i would hope he gets 2 punctures instead.:p:p:p
Tbh as an ex cyclist it’s dodgy out there and I guess some of the fuckers hog the roads 3 a breast to simply stop drivers overtaking when the roads windy and narrow
But most of the lycra wankers won’t give way at all
Frustrating isn’t the word especially during school/work time around Ballea rd to Ballygarvan
These pricks need a combine harvester up their holes 🕳 to move the in a bit.
Giving cyclists a bad name

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼