Cyclists

Spot on - we all encounter gobshites on the road. Sit back, relax, and everybody gets home safely. That dickhead in the jeep was a few inches away from seriously hurting or killing that cyclist regardless of whether he was right, wrong, or somewhere in between
It wasn’t a Jeep.
(I feel like I’m back in 2006)

He's not in a position a motorbike would take actually. A motorbike would be on the right of the centre of the lane.
It's recommended that motorbikes take a position in centre the or slightly to the right of center.

However on that particular stretch of road it's best to drive slightly left of centre as it's a busy stretch and this will allow space for oncoming traffic to swerve in the event there is a hazard on their left.

He has a right to be wherever he wants to the left of the white line.
However he has a responsibility to show care courtesy and consideration to other road users.

All vehicle operators should remember these simple precepts in order to make life easier for everyone.
Absolutely, but common sense and rights are not necessarily in alignment when it comes to road safety.

Again, if is road position is in question, that doesn't the driver the right to do what he did. What is the distance he should be out from the kerb?
Where did I say the driver was right?

The distance from the kerb depends on the common sense and spatial awareness of the cyclist.

From what is have seen in his videos he appears to have neither sufficient common sense nor spatial awareness.

Where did I say the driver was right?
I never said you did, I just pointed it out as this is the second video in a row that you have singled him out for his awareness (the first video he had done nothing wrong and the second I would argue that is position is left of the centre of the lane) where clearly the drivers and their own anger issues are at fault. No matter how wrong a cyclist is on the road, there is zero justification for a motorist to attempt to run him off the the road(the first video) or a punishment pass (in the second video today). Do you think that if he was closer to the kerb, the motorist wouldn't have passed him in the same fashion? He would have passed him exactly the same because he was pissed after what happened at the lights.

:lol!: :lol!:

I wouldn’t have your attention to detail in this regard.. apologies, I should have said

That fat bastard in the SUV vehicle was a few inches away from seriously hurting or killing that cyclist regardless of whether he was right, wrong, or somewhere in between
Fucking hell!!

What next?
PIN Number?
ATM Machine?

He's in the position a motorbike would usually take. Completely unnecessary to be that far from the kerb on the single lane stretch of road on a bicycle.

The guy has no hazard awareness.
He's not in a position a motorbike would take actually. A motorbike would be on the right of the centre line of th
It's recommended that motorbikes take a position in centre the or slightly to the right of center.

However on that particular stretch of road it's best to drive slightly left of centre as it's a busy stretch and this will allow space for oncoming traffic to swerve in the event there is a hazard on their left.
You'd do that if something was coming towards you. Bikers wouldn't drive in the centre if it's dry as that's where all the shit/ oil is.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Talisk
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

23rd Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼