Cyclists

https://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2018/si/321/made/en/print

S.I. No. 321/2018 - Road Traffic (Traffic and Parking) (Amendment) Regulations 2018

2. Article 14 (as amended by the Road Traffic (Traffic and Parking) (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations 2012 ( S.I. No. 332 of 2012 )) of the Principal Regulations is amended by the substitution of the following for paragraph (4):

“(4)(a) A pedal cycle shall be driven on a cycle track that is on—

(i) a road,

(ii) a portion of a road, or

(iii) an area,

at the entrance to which traffic sign number RUS 021 (pedestrianised street or area) is provided.

(b) A pedal cycle shall be driven on a cycle track at the entrance to which traffic sign number RUS 059 (contra-flow cycle track) is provided and pedal cycles shall only be driven in the direction indicated by the contra-flow cycle track.”.

🧐
yeah there is some confusion but the actually law is that it is not compulsory to cycle on a cycle lane( though its usually a bloody good idea like)

Cyclists don’t have to use cycle lanes new legislation confirms​

August 18, 2018 by Cian Ginty

Apparently, there were loads of near misses and accidents there before they were put in the shared path.
Some people cannot abide the fact that every single piece of public space cannot make way for their private car or their private business.

Nonsense.

The system in place there worked perfectly in the 30 odd years Ive frequented the place.

Considering how many objections you put in around your place John you'd think you might have a bit more understanding toward a business owner trying to stop their trade being damaged by loopy planning.

They still have 12 parking spaces provided free of charge by the council. It's great when public money goes to support big business, doesn't it?

Again, ill repeat, some people cannot stand the fact that public money goes into public infrastructure and services, but would rather cater to the whims of private business above all else.

There will always be whingers and moaners, like that person in the Echo because the council didn't roll out the red carpet for them.
that came from the right mouth

Excuse my French, but the owners of the shop can get fucked.
They don't own the land, and planning was sought and gotten two years ago.

Big business crocodile tears.

unnamed.jpg

'John Grace, who owns a fast food outlet on Cook Street, John Grace’s Fried Chicken, has asked An Bord Pleanála to refuse planning permission for the redevelopment of the former hotel site claiming it would deteriorate the local streetscape.

Mr Grace said the closure of the hotel, whose entrance was on Cook Street, had resulted in a considerable loss of footfall and general activity on Cook Street – a loss he claimed which would be made permanent by approving RESAM’s plans'.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

All You Need Is Death (16)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:15pm

More events ▼