Cyclists

Perhaps, but you might note I said when passing. Now I appreciate that someone that has so much time invested on an internet cycling thread might find that a difficult concept, so I won't expand on it.
Good. Not fantastic. Tbh, we get them in work quite a bit and they're grand.

Saying that, I may call in some time when i'm passing on my bike to pick up a cake do. That path is excellent, bout time they tidied up the pure abandonment of cars out the front.

Apparently, there were loads of near misses and accidents there before they were put in the shared path.
Some people cannot abide the fact that every single piece of public space cannot make way for their private car or their private business.

Some people cannot abide the fact that every single piece of public space cannot make way for their private car or their private business.
Nonsense, Fitzpatricks have been on that road for 80 years, they are intitled to trade and people need to park outside for them to do that. They are providing a good local service. They were only looking for a small bit of common sense from the council to reduce the width.

You'd swear all the parking was gone :lol!: You can still park there, just in a more organized fashion. Now the gombeens can't reverse out onto the road.
You do know when some parking spaces are removed at shop like this, it impacts on their their trade? Surely you read the article and saw they have lost nearly half their spaces.

Nonsense, Fitzpatricks have been on that road for 80 years, they are intitled to trade and people need to park outside for them to do that. They are providing a good local service. They were only looking for a small bit of common sense from the council to reduce the width.

They still have 12 parking spaces provided free of charge by the council. It's great when public money goes to support big business, doesn't it?

Again, ill repeat, some people cannot stand the fact that public money goes into public infrastructure and services, but would rather cater to the whims of private business above all else.

There will always be whingers and moaners, like that person in the Echo because the council didn't roll out the red carpet for them.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼