Cyclists

Oooh - well rattled! :)

Listen fellah, I can think for myself. But I don't just take the first step in thinking for myself as you clearly have. Try think beyond thinking for yourself (or actually thinking of yourself), and try, if your feeble mind can stretch that far, imagine how things would be if everybody just thought of themselves.

Why should you alone be the one permitted to break the ROTR. Why can't everybody be allowed break the ROTR. And then where would we be?

Penny dropped yet?

again a very immature, infantile mentality. The world is infested with man-boys like you trying to navigate earth. As it stands I assess the situation around me and apply the appropriate action to keep myself and others safe. I've enough cycling experience to know what's best

they should, it's the smart thing to do in this day and age where drivers are distracted too much by phones. To many cyclists killed on the road, none on the footpath. The man was a prick though refusing to move, the cyclist should always prioritize the ped when using the footpath.

It would never work as too many issues will arise.People walking their dogs on the long leash would be putting the dog/cyclist at risk.Plus the fact that cyclist are not trained or do not have to pass any safety regulations,so you could imagine the trouble that would be caused.Personally i think it should be policed more and cyclist should be fined for using pedestrian walkways.

again a very immature, infantile mentality. The world is infested with man-boys like you trying to navigate earth. As it stands I assess the situation around me and apply the appropriate action to keep myself and others safe. I've enough cycling experience to know what's best

Trying to navigate earth???? Who talks or even thinks like that :roll:

Yes we all think that we've enough experience to know what's best - until something happens! Thankfully I've never had an accident on a bike and only one decades ago in a car. But that poor cyclist that died near Ballincollig the other day had plenty of cycling experience.

Have a wee think about that!

Discretion is the better part of valour when you're on a bike on a road with bigger and faster vehicles.

Check out Mr Shouty on the bike - he was completely in the wrong in the incident with the Ambulance. His lane was blocked, he never slowed nor indicated, but expected the car in the outer lane to make way for him. And then he gets all shouty about it as though the car driver should yield to him. He's a f**ken cycle n@zi who gives proper cyclists a bad name

It wasn't an 'outer lane', it was for traffic coming in the other direction, that's why the other driver pulls back in so fast. In fact the cyclist is probably still within his own lane.

JAM rattled like an angry footpath cyclist.
:)

well I've had a few encounters with people in recent times about cycling on the footpath when it never was the case a few years ago. I found myself almost getting into a scrap with a man but luckily for him he saw the light and backed down ;)
So it is a real problem out there nowadays and I do take it seriously

It wasn't an 'outer lane', it was for traffic coming in the other direction, that's why the other driver pulls back in so fast. In fact the cyclist is probably still within his own lane.

Still within his own lane? The f**ker neither slowed nor indicated and passed within inches of the ambulance.
And see when a motorist overtakes or changes lane, he looks in his rear-view mirror to ensure its safe to do so - something that guy on the bike didn't bother doing either.

If you honestly think he did nothing wrong in that manoeuvre then there's little point in trying to discuss it. Have another look.

Hopefully someone will clarify. I am a bit ashamed that I don't know the rules. Obviously the cyclist believes he is correct because the cycle lane goes straight on, maybe there should be a designated traffic light for junctions like this. I can't see someone in a van or a truck seeing him.

According to a thread on boards, there are two conflicting laws.

https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057083503

On the one hand, the motorist should not cross a traffic lane without yielding to traffic in that lane, on the other hand a cyclist should not overtake on the inside of a car indicating left.

In Germany, the cyclist has the right of way, whether or not there is a cycle lane.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼