Cyclists

I was walking on the footpath recently with my daughter up Kyle street towards North Main Street. A middle-aged man came cycling towards us on the footpath in the opposite direction. He refused to move, claiming he had rights to cycle on the footpath. He eventually went on to the road and continued cycling against the traffic as Kyle Street is one way.

Strange.

Do cyclists have rights on the footpath now!

Hey, once they don the lycra and get up on their carbon fibre bicycle they own the planet and everything in it!

And there you have it - a cyclist who admits, nay boasts, that he doesn't obey the ROTR on a bicycle and would feel "like an idiot" if he did.

What is it about being on a bicycle that bestows on the road user (who presumably does obey the ROTR in his car) the right to ignore the ROTR?

ROTR are for cyclists too. And the quicker you and your fellow cyclists realise that the safer the roads will be for us all!

it's called common sense and don't patronize me, asshole. I know you're a 'rules is rules' type of guy but something needs to be done to change this ridiculous law. It's the same feeble, childlike mentality you idiots who can't think for yourselves have. The same type of dopes who stand on escalators or the type who presses the pedestrian lights and waits for the green man to cross an empty road. You thick fucks know who you are.

I was walking on the footpath recently with my daughter up Kyle street towards North Main Street. A middle-aged man came cycling towards us on the footpath in the opposite direction. He refused to move, claiming he had rights to cycle on the footpath. He eventually went on to the road and continued cycling against the traffic as Kyle Street is one way.

Strange.

I too was walking along the footpath, from St Finbarrs cemetery towards CUH,when out of the blue a voice from behind me says "sorry" to which i turned and seen this woman in her early 50s on a bike.I moved to the side and she continued to cycle up the path in her tracksuit bottoms showing off her 'builders arse'.She was fairly heavy and not cycling all that quickly,so when i got to the next junction she was waiting to cross the road and i walked across with her behind me going up along the path again but she just stayed behind me this time....i'd say the poor girl was flaaaaed out.

Strange.

Guys like that will get cocky when they see that you have a child with you. Gambling correctly that you are not going to argu with them in front of a child.

it's called common sense and don't patronize me, asshole. I know you're a 'rules is rules' type of guy but something needs to be done to change this ridiculous law. It's the same feeble, childlike mentality you idiots who can't think for yourselves have. The same type of dopes who stand on escalators or the type who presses the pedestrian lights and waits for the green man to cross an empty road. You thick fucks know who you are.

Oooh - well rattled! :)

Listen fellah, I can think for myself. But I don't just take the first step in thinking for myself as you clearly have. Try think beyond thinking for yourself (or actually thinking of yourself), and try, if your feeble mind can stretch that far, imagine how things would be if everybody just thought of themselves.

Why should you alone be the one permitted to break the ROTR. Why can't everybody be allowed break the ROTR. And then where would we be?

Penny dropped yet?

Strange.

they should, it's the smart thing to do in this day and age where drivers are distracted too much by phones. To many cyclists killed on the road, none on the footpath. The man was a prick though refusing to move, the cyclist should always prioritize the ped when using the footpath.

Dont ever roar and shout at soneone in front of a child brah.

I try not to - but I also try to instil in my kids a sense of civic pride and doing the right thing. And not to back down to bullies. Any cyclist trying to force his way up a footpath where pedestrians are walking, particularly children, is a bully. I stand up to bullies, it's how they're defeated.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼