Cyclists

If they wanted to "make a few euros" they could introduce some on the spot fines for cyclist-fuckwittery.

20Euro for going wrong way up one way street
20Euro for cycling on footpaths
20Euro for riding without a bell or sufficient lights on yer bike

FFS it could finance the entire justice department the amount of cyclist fuckwittery that's prevalent at the moment

Good idea.

My brother did a beautiful pass on an American guy the other day. Really scared the lycra shorts off him.

"Goddamn asshat!" he roars after us.

We were calling each other asshats for the day. :lol!:

#Bonding

I think asshat is the American "cleaned up" version of "shit head"

Yanks can be like that - they don't like vulgarity or profanity, and especially not roaring it outdoors. Don't like their teenagers to drink either - you must be over 21. On the other hand, you can buy an assault rifle and ammo down the local shops. :roll:

Still - they elected Trump as their President. It speaks volumes about their psyche. :crazyeye:

how many of the whinging motorist brigade here cycle or have cycled regularly?

Because a lot of the 'expertise' and argument being put forward is nonsense. The bike lanes here are woefully inadequate and in many instances make it more unsafe for the cyclist than ever before.. so the reason I do not use them at times is well justified, I am only too happy to use them when it is a good idea.

The notion that a cyclist should only cycle clung to the kerb so that cars can get by is also moronic, all Irish roads have a camber for water so the inside, where the bike lanes tend to be, is generally in a shite state of repair, with all of the gullys positioned there, and all of the road debris which is where punctures come from. Theres no chance I am cycling there indiscriminately.

Anyway, the bigger picture here is being completely missed - our cities are becoming more populated by the day, therefore the car is becoming more and more the second citizen as our city roads are concerned and rightly so. This is why driving lanes have been given over to cycle lanes, bus lanes and luas lines. This is why the 30kph limit is in place in Dublin and being extended further, and is coming to Cork. Just accept that driving is no longer as it used be, calm down behind the wheel and we will all get to where we are going safely

Because a lot of the 'expertise' and argument being put forward is nonsense. The bike lanes here are woefully inadequate and in many instances make it more unsafe for the cyclist than ever before.. so the reason I do not use them at times is well justified, I am only too happy to use them when it is a good idea.

The notion that a cyclist should only cycle clung to the kerb so that cars can get by is also moronic, all Irish roads have a camber for water so the inside, where the bike lanes tend to be, is generally in a shite state of repair, with all of the gullys positioned there, and all of the road debris which is where punctures come from. Theres no chance I am cycling there indiscriminately.

Anyway, the bigger picture here is being completely missed - our cities are becoming more populated by the day, therefore the car is becoming more and more the second citizen as our city roads are concerned and rightly so. This is why driving lanes have been given over to cycle lanes, bus lanes and luas lines. This is why the 30kph limit is in place in Dublin and being extended further, and is coming to Cork. Just accept that driving is no longer as it used be, calm down behind the wheel and we will all get to where we are going safely

I regularly cycle - certainly on average more than once per week. And I've no problem with cyclists who obey the Rules of the Road. What I do have an issue with though is the majority of cyclists who seem to think that the Rules of the Road only apply to motorised vehicles.

Cyclists who think that Cyclists have a right to separate lanes but then pick and chose whether or not they'll use the lanes which have been put in at both financial expense and major inconvenience to the traffic flow in the city just underlines the absolute fuckwittery of some of them.

Make yer minds up - either you do or you don't want a separate cycle lane. If you do then using them should in any sane regime be made compulsory. And if they're more than one bicycle wide, they should be two way.

The problem is there are too many cycle-warriors out there who think that they've a god given right to primacy on the road, and whinge like calimero about any and all motorists who don't obey the ROTR but treat the ROTR with disdain themselves.
These cycle warriors give decent cyclists a bad name, despite frequently trying to hide behind the vulnerability of fellow cyclists whom in the main they couldn't give a stuff about. "Should we really expect a 6 year old to get insurance for their bike" gripe the cyclists who go out of their way to flout the ROTR

Until the authorities treat ALL road users as being subject to ROTR this dichotomy will continue and there will continue to be cyclists who come to a shuddering realisation that they don't actually have primacy on the road.

lazy fat bastards need to ditch the cars and start cycling. Traffic and pollution is mental out there in the cities. Get on the bike and burn fat not oil.

I regularly cycle - certainly on average more than once per week. And I've no problem with cyclists who obey the Rules of the Road. What I do have an issue with though is the majority of cyclists who seem to think that the Rules of the Road only apply to motorised vehicles.

Cyclists who think that Cyclists have a right to separate lanes but then pick and chose whether or not they'll use the lanes which have been put in at both financial expense and major inconvenience to the traffic flow in the city just underlines the absolute fuckwittery of some of them.

Make yer minds up - either you do or you don't want a separate cycle lane. If you do then using them should in any sane regime be made compulsory. And if they're more than one bicycle wide, they should be two way.

The problem is there are too many cycle-warriors out there who think that they've a god given right to primacy on the road, and whinge like calimero about any and all motorists who don't obey the ROTR but treat the ROTR with disdain themselves.
These cycle warriors give decent cyclists a bad name, despite frequently trying to hide behind the vulnerability of fellow cyclists whom in the main they couldn't give a stuff about. "Should we really expect a 6 year old to get insurance for their bike" gripe the cyclists who go out of their way to flout the ROTR

This is absolute rubbish, you are suggesting that cyclists are forced use completely unsafe or unsuitable lanes simply because the are provided to them?! Sorry SoundY but you can act the lemming if you fancy but I wont be

There is one lane I refuse to use every single morning, because whatever fucking moron 'designed' it clearly never rode a bike in their lives as it makes no sense whatsoever and would only endanger the cyclist. Why would anyone use that lane?

Until the authorities treat ALL road users as being subject to ROTR this dichotomy will continue and there will continue to be cyclists who come to a shuddering realisation that they don't actually have primacy on the road.

you are mind bogglingly stupid :crazyeye: sort yourself out will ya?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼