Cyclists

heh

your anger is palpable

dont knock anyone down on your way home now :D

BTW - if you cannot understand why public transport, pedestrians and cyclists should be considered first in any city then you need to get cracking on the INTERNET, it makes sense you know

I've no problem at all with Public Transport and pedestrians getting priority. It's the "I demand to be allowed cycle in bus-lanes, on footpaths, in and out of traffic when and as I feel like" type cyclists that I do have an issue with. And as can be seen here there are other cyclists who don't like your carry on either as it gives decent road-using cyclists a bad name.

I've no inclination to ever knock anyone down - that's just your cyclist victimhood imagination running away with you again.

As for cracking on the internet, I'll leave that to clowns like you and the rest of the cycle n@zis. Having spoken to a few local councillors they know just how bad some of ye tw@ts can be. 8)

. Having spoken to a few local councillors they know just how bad some of ye tw@ts can be. 8)

Ah, the local Cllr, as bastion of foresight and independent thought. I'm sure if I spoke to the same Cllr as yourself on this self same issue they would probably give me the answers I wanted to hear too, on direct opposition to what they told you.

Now HHM has outlined from his first post on this issue that he complied with the rules of the road. The fact that you are either too thick to understand that or are wilfully ignoring it as some sort of rum is your own issue. But this shit is getting tiresome.

Ah, the local Cllr, as bastion of foresight and independent thought. I'm sure if I spoke to the same Cllr as yourself on this self same issue they would probably give me the answers I wanted to hear too, on direct opposition to what they told you.

Now HHM has outlined from his first post on this issue that he complied with the rules of the road. The fact that you are either too thick to understand that or are wilfully ignoring it as some sort of rum is your own issue. But this shit is getting tiresome.

Not suggesting they're the bastions of foresight or independant thought but they are the mob charged with approving the change to the road networks that have so scarred the city of late. You could well be right that many of them have a different story for a different audience but I know a couple of them personally and its in such a context I was speaking.

As for HHM he DID NOT comply with the rules of the road. He said he gave the motorist the finger and he drove off through a red light. I don't think even HHM at his most rabid would try to portray either as complying with the rules of the road - though deluded cycle n@zi that he is maybe he might

I've no problem at all with Public Transport and pedestrians getting priority. It's the "I demand to be allowed cycle in bus-lanes, on footpaths, in and out of traffic when and as I feel like" type cyclists that I do have an issue with. And as can be seen here there are other cyclists who don't like your carry on either as it gives decent road-using cyclists a bad name.

1- There is nothing illegal about filtering, I have already pointed this out to you. Motorbikes are also allowed to filter.

2- You rarely see cyclists on footpaths in fairness. It doesn't make any sense to cycle on them, its slower than being on the road where you should be

3 - Consider the fact that most cycle lanes are on the left hand side, then the bus lane is next, and finally the driving lane - It makes no sense to cycle in the bus lane instead of the cycle lane, unless you are overtaking another cyclist.. stop making things up like they are regular occurrences

I've no inclination to ever knock anyone down - that's just your cyclist victimhood imagination running away with you again.

Good the hear, BTW has it escaped your attention that I also drive every day and am more than aware of cyclists etc?

I am far more concerned with what I see drivers doing at red lights to be perfectly honest with you. Honestly, I reckon a driver breaks the red light at 1 out of every 2 junctions I am stopped at on my bike/in my car, and I am probably under estimating it.

As for cracking on the internet, I'll leave that to clowns like you and the rest of the cycle n@zis. Having spoken to a few local councillors they know just how bad some of ye tw@ts can be. 8)

Local councillors :lol!:

what was the point of the conversation exactly?

1- There is nothing illegal about filtering, I have already pointed this out to you. Motorbikes are also allowed to filter.

2- You rarely see cyclists on footpaths in fairness. It doesn't make any sense to cycle on them, its slower than being on the road where you should be

3 - Consider the fact that most cycle lanes are on the left hand side, then the bus lane is next, and finally the driving lane - It makes no sense to cycle in the bus lane instead of the cycle lane, unless you are overtaking another cyclist.. stop making things up like they are regular occurrences

Good the hear, BTW has it escaped your attention that I also drive every day and am more than aware of cyclists etc?

I am far more concerned with what I see drivers doing at red lights to be perfectly honest with you. Honestly, I reckon a driver breaks the red light at 1 out of every 2 junctions I am stopped at on my bike/in my car, and I am probably under estimating it.

I gonna call you on that one Honk-Y. I've had no problems with cyclists as a driver. But as a pedestrian, the ones that cycle on footpaths are wankers. And there's plenty of them.

I gonna call you on that one Honk-Y. I've had no problems with cyclists as a driver. But as a pedestrian, the ones that cycle on footpaths are wankers. And there's plenty of them.

Any cyclist on a footpath should be fecked off the thing, I don't see many though because like I said it doesn't make sense, theres people (rightly) everywhere, so its not like you can actually get anywhere easily

Jebus wept. Practically very day of the week I see cyclists on footpaths in Cork; ignoring the traffic lights; and plenty cycling the wroing way up one-way streets too.

If, as you suggest, you're very aware of cyclists then either you're blinkered as to their faults or you're a liar, or both.

Filtering as I understand it, is when it's safe to do so, for a cyclist to proceed to the top of the queue of slow moving or stopped traffic. It doesn't include weaving in and out of traffic without appropriate signalling and at unsafe distances. Do you know otherwise?

The only one who has clearly made stuff up here and been shown for it is you with your claims that cycle lanes are otherwise unused parts of the street. Reclaimed I think you laughably termed it. Main thuroughfares through this city have been severely restricted to accomodate cyclists. And for what?

One would have thought it would be to ensure these slower moving vehicles would do their meandering in the lanes set aside for them - but oh no, we have some cycle warrior coming on and telling us that he's perfectly entitled to cycle on the road anyway irrespective of the cycle lane next to him. Bizarre.

Jebus wept. Practically very day of the week I see cyclists on footpaths in Cork; ignoring the traffic lights; and plenty cycling the wroing way up one-way streets too.

If, as you suggest, you're very aware of cyclists then either you're blinkered as to their faults or you're a liar, or both.

Filtering as I understand it, is when it's safe to do so, for a cyclist to proceed to the top of the queue of slow moving or stopped traffic. It doesn't include weaving in and out of traffic without appropriate signalling and at unsafe distances. Do you know otherwise?

The only one who has clearly made stuff up here and been shown for it is you with your claims that cycle lanes are otherwise unused parts of the street. Reclaimed I think you laughably termed it. Main thuroughfares through this city have been severely restricted to accomodate cyclists. And for what?

One would have thought it would be to ensure these slower moving vehicles would do their meandering in the lanes set aside for them - but oh no, we have some cycle warrior coming on and telling us that he's perfectly entitled to cycle on the road anyway irrespective of the cycle lane next to him. Bizarre.

You seem to have severe comprehension issues, maybe its the red mist

I used the word reclaimed to try and describe that they had simply taken about a third of the existing car lane, put the red tar on and voila - a bike lane. Leaving the car lane too narrow and resulting in drivers driving in the bike lane regularly, which I also stated was understandable

Go read it again

edit: here you are:
The cycle lanes here are sections of lanes that have been reclaimed in general, theres one next to my office where the bit left for the cars isn't wide enough for any car to fit in, so they drive in the cycle lane understandably

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼