Cyclists

What difference does it make, surely you only pass a pedestrian when it is safe to do so and there's no oncoming traffic, it shouldn't matter that you have to give them that much space.

I've no bother at all giving other road-users sufficient space when I pass them. I think anyone who who "punishment passes" a cyclist, even chicken john, is a dangerous moron who deserves the full rigours of the law.
BUT 😇 I'm not a bit happy about cyclists who are so vociferous about their need for safety when motorists pass them, whizzing dangerously close to me when I'm walking, cycling, or driving.

Nonsense, that is like saying motorists that consistently speed and break the law are also advocates to slow down. Not all cyclists are the same, some take the ROTR and their own safety very serious.

Absolutely. And some don't. And you see those who are most vociferous online about others not following the ROTR almost invariably don't even bother to have a bell on their bike but just carry on blithely ignoring that inconvenience. I was merely extrapolating 😇

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Bury
Old Oak, Oliver Plunkett St.

26th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼