Cyclists

If you can fix a registration number to a motor bike you can fix it to a bicycle.Plain and simple
Apparently not. If its bigger than a postage stamp the bicycle stops working or something.

Its either too small to see or to big to put on as well, and its never been done before so it wont work.

Anyway its the first step toward a dictatorship by all accounts, so every time a cyclist breaks the law they are actually saving us from a dystopian nightmare.

As already established this has not been used before, otherwise there would not be a study into the effectiveness of doing so you buffoon

Ok so no where in the world do we have QR codes on cars to be used in the manner you describe. Perhaps there is a reason as to why?

So we have no idea if the idea can even work for cars... yet we have the braindead here pushing the idea that we can put smaller QR codes on bikes and achieve the same results as scanning a reg plate like we would have on a car.

Stupid is, stupid does
Have you contacted the people who did the study to tell them they are wrong?

It wasn't a study, it was a theoretical exercise.

In theory, I can go to Mars.

😂😂😂 you are shooting down every idea thrown to you. from badges, to plates and stickers. having the number visibly printed on to the frame of the bike was surely the next logical step.

you have a very negative approach to all of this.
Of course, he is happy for cyclists to break the law and continue to get away with it.

Again, where in the world do they do this?
Your head doesnt count.

First country to introduce the smoking ban. One of a small number of countries to introduce minimum unit pricing for alcohol. (For better or worse). There may be other things we've done this is just off the top of my head. Don't think that just because other countries haven't done it. It can't happen. If the political will is there, the general public agree and there's votes to be had. It'll be on the table.

Ok so no where in the world do we have QR codes on cars to be used in the manner you describe. Perhaps there is a reason as to why?
Because they haven't done it yet. If something hasn't been done yet this does not mean it does not work or can not happen.
How fucking hard a concept is this to digest?
So we have no idea if the idea can even work for cars... yet we have the braindead here pushing the idea that we can put smaller QR codes on bikes and achieve the same results as scanning a reg plate like we would have on a car.
100% success rate on cars under 30 kph in the study you clearly haven't contacted the makers of to set straight yet.

QR codes are already used on bicycles in Japan for anti theft ID as evidenced in the photo a few pages back Timmy.
QR codes can be a variety of sizes from around (trigger warning) postage stamp sized 2cm square upwards, and can be scanned from a photo.
Stupid is, stupid does
*Insert rape analogy or photo of dead child here
Im looking forward to reading your full rebuttal of their research.
In theory, I can go to Mars.
By all means do so. Do you want a cycle lane built?

Why are you so resistant to cyclists being identified in the event the break the rules of the road?

I was out earlier

Saw a lorry driver with a full Artic rig, driving down the road, with a phone in one hand where he looks to be sending a text...

The same guy probably loses his if a cyclist delays him by 5 seconds
I've seen similar in the past, utter madness but we need registration plates on bicycles. 🤔

Stupid is, stupid does

In theory, I can go to Mars
I wish.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼