Cyclists

Absolutely, we all do. In the same way I assume Righttobikeit does as well (Twitter death wish aside) I posted this before months ago, that when I cycling I always assume that motorists do have a clue of the rules of the road when it comes to dealing with cyclists on the road, the vast majority that I have encountered don't. His issue is that 9 out of 10 times he is correct on the rules but his arrogance doesn't let him see that there are many cyclists/drivers buried in graveyards all over the country who were also correct. He definitely does go looking for aggro but the scary thing is how easy motorists react to him as well. He clearly cycles an awful lot and obviously will come across more of these incidents but the amount of punishment passes that he posts is frightening particularly if you have young kids cycling.
Agreed.
Except the aggro piece, the provocation and the deliberate search for trouble no motorist or cyclist is justified in doing. My issue is the intent.

If we all use the road with due care and attention for all other road users, cyclists and motorists, then there's no issue.

Agreed.
Except the aggro piece, the provocation and the deliberate search for trouble no motorist or cyclist is justified in doing. My issue is the intent.

If we all use the road with due care and attention for all other road users, cyclists and motorists, then there's no issue.
Ya, but there is no quantification of the reactions he get. Throw a few fucks at him sure but Jesus using your vehicle to deliberately cause him harm is beyond the pale.

A car has much more mass behind it, so it doesn't matter tbh.

Anecdotal evidence suggests that cars have a worse stopping distance than bikes, but I doubt there has been a peer reviewed study done on this.

Both travelling at speeds of 40Kph or more???? What anecdotal evidence is there of that?
If one even assumes they both have the same reaction times (see previous for why I think a cyclist might be even slightly more reluctant to slam on their brakes than a car driver at that speed), four good tyres with modern braking systems are more likely to stop without incident imho.
But I'm very willing to read/see even the anecdotal evidence you have to the contrary. Thanks

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Buffalo Soul - Bob Marley Tribute

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼