Cyclists

the fisherman

https://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2018/si/321/made/en/print

S.I. No. 321/2018 - Road Traffic (Traffic and Parking) (Amendment) Regulations 2018

2. Article 14 (as amended by the Road Traffic (Traffic and Parking) (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations 2012 ( S.I. No. 332 of 2012 )) of the Principal Regulations is amended by the substitution of the following for paragraph (4):

“(4)(a) A pedal cycle shall be driven on a cycle track that is on—

(i) a road,

(ii) a portion of a road, or

(iii) an area,

at the entrance to which traffic sign number RUS 021 (pedestrianised street or area) is provided.

(b) A pedal cycle shall be driven on a cycle track at the entrance to which traffic sign number RUS 059 (contra-flow cycle track) is provided and pedal cycles shall only be driven in the direction indicated by the contra-flow cycle track.”.

🧐
yeah there is some confusion but the actually law is that it is not compulsory to cycle on a cycle lane( though its usually a bloody good idea like)

Cyclists don’t have to use cycle lanes new legislation confirms​

August 18, 2018 by Cian Ginty

Hank Scorpio

Apparently, there were loads of near misses and accidents there before they were put in the shared path.
Some people cannot abide the fact that every single piece of public space cannot make way for their private car or their private business.

Nonsense.

The system in place there worked perfectly in the 30 odd years Ive frequented the place.

Considering how many objections you put in around your place John you'd think you might have a bit more understanding toward a business owner trying to stop their trade being damaged by loopy planning.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Coughlans Live Promotions presents Wallis Bird
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

11th Nov 2022 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Meat and Potatoes

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

View more events ▼