Cyclists

Erra you'd want to be an awful focking eejit to take a look at what they've done to town and say its anything other than a shambles .
It looks to me that the Pana ban was a trial run from what is coming down the line permanently ie the City Centre will be carless eventually. I nave no idea if it will be a good thing or not, for me personally I'm not really bothered as there is nothing I need in the city anymore and if I did, I will just use the park and ride.

It looks to me that the Pana ban was a trial run from what is coming down the line permanently ie the City Centre will be carless eventually. I nave no idea if it will be a good thing or not, for me personally I'm not really bothered as there is nothing I need in the city anymore and if I did, I will just use the park and ride.

The Greens are calling the shots. That will be over in 24 months.

Coming in the western road and down the dyke you're funneled into a single lane that snakes along Prospect Row and Bachelors Quay. You can go left over NG bridge but that just brings you up Shandon Street and is pretty unsuitable for heavy traffic. Alternatively it's on up past the bridewell and OpraHouse Quay over CR Bridge and eventually up into the North inner-ring road which is a dose. Traffic from say the Kingsley in the West to Silversprings in the East could take you anything from half an hour to an hour using the North Ring Road.
In fact, if you use google maps the suggested route from the Kingsley to Silversprings is to use the south ring and come back in from the dunkettle roundabout - that's how much of a mess travelling West-East on the North Ring is!

View attachment 21294
That is quite interesting and using your example of the Kingsley to Silversprings, there is no way I would use the Mardyke or the south ring.
Over the bridge by the Mardyke arena and up over Hollyhill and down to Blackpool and on to the North Ring.
Sometimes the suggested routes on Google maps are not the best. I said it last week in the Hurling thread, the suggested route to Ennis was only 6 or 7 minutes faster than the better route.

The Greens are calling the shots. That will be over in 24 months.
I don't know Dan, Cork City Council always had issue in roads and routes planning regardless of who was in government. I know it seems like the Greens are responsible for all the woes but this has being going on years, the planners are idiots that aren't in the real world.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼