Cyclists

You need a combination of housing and parking for a stop to work. There's nowhere suitable I can think of between those places that satisfies those criteria.
Lots of new houses going up in Glounthaune and Carigtwohill, there could be more house at little island stop tbf. The train is already there, development should be going that way. I believe there's more housing and a new stop to happen in Waterrock

The cycling infrastructure in the inner city has led to traffic congestion for example along the South Main Street, ridiculous scenario, I see no cyclists using it, they hardly want to cycle up Barrack Street, especially 45 to 65 year olds, Cork is not Amsterdam inspite of woke town planners.
I know loads of people who work in the Mercy who use the south main St lane every day. I cycle up Barrack St most days and I'm very close to the age bracket above. I hope to be able to do it for a long time, I encounter plenty people doing the same. Hills aren't an argument any more, have you heard of e bikes?
Plenty people use the infra, especially SMS, you just have the blinkers on.

Nope, always looks deserted as does the one going towards UCC, might get the odd Deliveroo driver cycling on one. Maybe they were designed for catering businesses.
Imagine if everyone who does cycle and use the infra decided to drive? I'm sure you wouldn't be long changing your tune about traffic in Cork.

The volume of people driving far outweigh the Deliveroo drivers and the odd few students
Well done for stating the obvious, Einstein. Cork is a city, people will travel from all over to get to work there.

Plenty doctors, nurses, public sector, private etc living in the city cycle. It's the quickest way to get around a city when you live in it. It's wonderful, you don't have to worry about congestion or parking.

A sure sign a person is getting flustered when they get personal and use ad hominem attacks. The *doctors and nurses" as you say are not living in bedsits in Barrack Street, they are almost all living in greater suburbia which requires a mechanised vehicle with a roof
Of course doctors and nurses arent living in bedsits on Barrack st, Einstein. Theres no doctors or nurses living in Glasheen, model farm Road, Ballintemple, Blackrock, wellington Rd, Mardyke, Sundays well etc? All very easy to commute by bike from.

What about Douglas, Bishopstown Isaac Newton?
20-30mins by bike according to Google maps, they're hardly Carrigaline, Einstein.. I used to live in Bishoptown and did it regularly. I got in quicker than the bus and didn't have to look for parking resulting in my commute being shorter. It also helped with me not being a grumpy prick not stuck in traffic.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sander Van Doorn
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

25th May 2024 @ 11:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼