Criminally underrated Irish Albums

U2 - Songs of Innocence, an excellent album, i'm still listening to it. I'm generally a good judge of music , this is a classic album that was overshadowed by it's release. Rolling Stone voted it album of the year, I have to agree... some amazing songs on here that have been criminally overlooked..... now for the U2/Bono haters/begrudgers to comment on this post ....

U2 - Songs of Innocence, an excellent album, i'm still listening to it. I'm generally a good judge of music , this is a classic album that was overshadowed by it's release. Rolling Stone voted it album of the year, I have to agree... some amazing songs on here that have been criminally overlooked..... now for the U2/Bono haters/begrudgers to comment on this post ....

Thats quite an interesting statement Mr Griffen.

I'm not having a go here but, could you elaborate on that? how did you come to this realisation?

Genuine question :)

paranoid visions - schizophrenia

theres songs on that album that,if they were written by the likes of moore or macgowan,they would be hailed as classics

They were gr8 live anytime I saw them I'd have to say. They did an album and tour with Steve Ignorant last year, the core members are going for a long time now.

Surprisingly good album considering that the previous one was a bit of a dud, I think there is another album in the works.
- Songs of Experience.

1. Mexican Pets -"The voice of trucker youth" and "Humbucker"
2. Pet Lamb - "Sweaty Handshake"
3. Schtum - "Grow"
4. Therapy?' -" Babyteeth"

So many great bands in the 90's of this ilk, loud/noisy/abrasive rock...

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼