Crazy Christians

Creationists say theoretical physicist Lawrence Krauss is like Hitler: ‘Very, very terrifying’

Lawrence-Krauss-800x430.jpg

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/...e-krauss-is-like-hitler-very-very-terrifying/

The hosts of an evangelical Christian talk show don’t just think theoretical physicist Lawrence Krauss is a fool, they think he is similar to Adolf Hitler.

Last week on creationist Ray Comfort’s show, The Comfort Zone, the hosts attacked Krauss for saying that religion could disappear in the span of a generation.

“Atheists usually hide the fact that they believe nothing created everything,” Comfort opined. “Lawrence Krauss wrote a book called the ‘Origin of Nothing.’”

He said the thesis of Krauss’s book was scientifically impossible and “foolish,” while co-host Emeal Zwayne wondered whether nothing was actually something.

“I’ll tell you what about Krauss,” Zwayne added. “Just the glee that he got from the thought of eradicating religion — and it’s not religion, he hates Christianity. He hates Christ. But the way he said that, ‘In a generation — that’s what we should do, plant those seeds of doubt, it’s our responsibility.’”

“Hitler said some similar things,” Comfort interjected. “Hitler’s Youth.”

“And that’s exactly what I was going to say it was reminiscent of,” Zwayne said. “Very, very terrifying, friends.”

mind.... blown :rolleyes:

Watch a home-schooler mom go through a science museum and destroy evolution

In the video embedded below, fundamentalist Christian home-school mom and conservative cultural critic Megan Fox — no relation to “Transformers” actress Megyn Fox — visits the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago and purports to “audit” the museum for its “liberal bias.”

In the description of the 30 minute video she uploaded to YouTube to document the visit, Fox wrote, “In November 2014, Megan Fox toured the Field Museum’s ‘Evolving Earth’ exhibit to audit it for bias. She found many examples of inconsistencies and the Field Museum’s insistence that people support opinion as fact without proof. The Field Museum pushes certain theories as if they are absolute proven law when that is not how the scientific method works.”

Dangerous Minds wrote, “(S)he’s an idiot, she homeschools her kids and she’s a fucking dingbat with her own YouTube channel so she can inflict her low IQ buffoonery on everyone else.”

In the video’s opening moments, Fox is reading a display regarding the evolution of eukaryotes — which she has to ask her camera operator how to pronounce — simple, microscopic animals that first evolved as single-cell life forms, but which became multicellular, beginning the diversification that would lead to complex life forms.

“‘At first, many eukaryotes were single-celled, and many still are today,’” Fox reads from the display before scoffing. “What? If many still are today, then that would support the theory that they have never changed, that they have always been as they are today, not that they started someplace else and then are here, but they were always this and still are today.”

Regarding what paleontologists have said about the first animals to make the transition from life in the water to life on land, Fox says this is impossible. God made the creatures of the water to live in the water and the creatures of the land to live in the land, which is why fish have fins and people have feet.

“It’s not like their fins fell off and they grew feet,” she says. “That’s what they want you to believe, that their fins fell off and then they grew some feet and started walking on the land. This is the dumbest theory I’ve ever heard in my whole life. It’s not good, it’s really not good. It’s bad. It’s very bad. Do you know how complex feet are?”

At one point, Fox argues levelly into the camera that evidence of the existence of dragons exists, but that liberals and scientists are covering it up because “it would throw off their whole time line of what they want you to believe.”

Viewers are currently savaging the video on Reddit.

“More of the ‘If we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?’ and ‘You weren’t there, you didn’t see it’ arguments,” one user wrote.

“If a tree falls in the woods, and no one is there to hear it, is this b*tch still an idiot?” another user responded.

Viewers who turned the video off in disgust, said another Reddit user, “missed the best part, at about 20 minutes, where she explains that dinosaurs are clearly dragons and that there’s evidence of people seeing them, and scientists are covering up the evidence so that sham that is science can stay safe.”

“If you mute it, you get a free tour of a museum,” quipped another commenter.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/...rough-a-science-museum-and-destroy-evolution/

Michele Bachmann Claims Her Superior Intellect Caused Liberalism To Implode

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/1...intellect-caused-liberalism-to-implode-video/

In an interview that will cause fact-checkers around the world to die laughing, retiring Tea Party Rep. Michele Bachmann declared that her intelligence brought down liberalism.

Okay, so if you’re done laughing now, conservative quack site World Net Daily named Bachmann a “GOP legend,” a line that is sure to make true Republican legends like Theodore Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, and Dwight Eisenhower spin in their graves. During the interview, Bachmann bragged about how she single-handedly destroyed liberals by using her genius and “evidence-based arguments” against them.

“That’s the best way to defeat them, by the way — defeat them with evidence and defeat them with their false premises, and I did that,” Bachmann claimed.

“I took them on, and their agenda, and I went to the heart of whatever it was they wanted to advance, and tried to take it apart through evidence-based arguments, and they don’t like that. When the left argues, they argue from emotionalism.”

Here’s the video via Right Wing Watch.

Yeah, she really showed those evil liberals. You know, like the time she referred to John Quincy Adams as a Founding Father, even though he was just a child during the American Revolution. Or the time she confused serial killer John Wayne Gacy with actor John Wayne. Or how about the time she said unemployment could be wiped out if only we would get rid of the minimum wage. Or when she claimed that carbon dioxide isn’t a harmful gas to human beings.

Another classic moment of Bachmann stupidity came when she said that gay people could get married as long as they marry a member of the opposite sex. Also, remember when she said the Founding Fathers fought to end slavery? How about when she said that the HPV vaccine causes mental retardation? Or when she compared America’s village idiot Sarah Palin to Lady Liberty. And it just goes on and on.

For all these moments and more, go here and here.

“Bachmann is a religious zealot whose brain is a raging electrical storm of divine visions and paranoid delusions… Bachmann is exactly the right kind of completely batshit crazy… crazy in the sense that she’s living completely inside her own mind, frenetically pacing the hallways of a vast sand castle she’s built in there, unable to meaningfully communicate with the human beings on the other side of the moat, who are all presumed to be enemies.”
~Matt Taibbi in Rolling Stone

“We have checked [Michele Bachmann] 13 times, and seven of her claims [have been found] to be false and six have been found to be ridiculously false … She is unusual in that regard that she has never gotten a rating higher than false.”
~Bill Adair of PolitiFact

Michele Bachmann probably has the lowest IQ of any person who has served in Congress. In addition, fact-checkers have basically hung a sign around her neck that says ‘false.’ After all of her short time in politics, the only thing she has managed is to turn herself into a punchline whom America wants to just go away and remain in obscurity. Republicans may have taken over the Senate but most Americans still favor liberal policies. Liberalism isn’t dead. Michele Bachmann’s brain, however, is.

Very real possibility this thing could be president some day...

No there isn't, she never had a chance and she never will.

Not even the GOP is mad enough to think that someone like nanananananananaBACHMAN is capable of taking them to the White House. She plays well with the basest of their base and people like her (and Santorum and Jindal and Inhofe and Perry and all the other dominionist/JESUS/science–is–communist/Uhbuhma–izza–MOOZLIM types) are necessary to hold the two streams of the Repulican Party (the rich "fuck you!" types and the poor "let's vote against our best interests because Gawd wants us to" types) together.

The nearest she could get to the Oval Office would be if whomever will be the presumptive for 2016 (Bush III? Christie? Walker?! Maybe Paul, maybe Graham, maybe even Romney again) adds her to the ticket but they've tried something like that before...

sarah-palin.png

...and it didn't go so well.

Not that they can't completely fuck shit up without the likes of Palin or Bachmann in tow. "Because Gawd loves Murka" still plays well with nearly all the GOP crowd, to such an extent that people worried that Romney's faith would play against him with the "real" Christians.

Last time out the only GOP candidate objectively worth a damn was Huntsman and he was derided for being too reasonable. The second he started speaking Chinese in public he was doomed. He's a Mormon too (he's Romney's cousin) but he never made a big thing out of religion, which was another nail in his coffin.

GOP bocht.

I'll remind you of that when she's announced as Romney's running mate.

Do, because at that stage I'll go and put my head in a bucket of water and leave it there.

I think Hillary will get the Dem nod this time. She may press Warren to be the number two but I can't see that happenin. I called Hillers for Secretary of State last time around, but I don't think Warren is quite there yet either in terms of foreign experience: if Hillary gets in, I reckon Warren could get that job in her second term. Warren's not going to run this time, though she might in 2020 if the Republicans get in in 2016, and I don't think an all-woman ticket would appeal enough.

It's hard to tell who else might throw their hat in for the Democrats. I doubt Biden will. Kerry might again. Sanders (not Steve) might run under the Dem umbrella. There's another woman whose name escapes me right now who has all the right credentials but no brand name recognition but she could be a dark horse.

Speaking of (thoroughbred) racehorses, I think Romney's run his course. He'll try, but fail. His "please show this movie!" statement over The Interview and the crazy banning smacks of an early effort to appear more Murkan than last time. Bush III will be in there, certainly, as will Rand Paul (after Bush announced his proto-candidacy last week Paul took out a very well placed Google ad which took a swipe at him), Christie if he can lose some weight, distance himself from the bridge thing and not be tied to saying something good about Obama after New Jersey was ruined by storms two years ago. I said here about four years ago Graham seemed to be gearing up for it, and I still think he is. Then you have the nutter wing — or rather the more nutter wing — like Perry and Scott and Jindal. The whole wide world is fucked if they get within sight of the Oval Office. I've mentioned elsewhere that Huntsman is actually a decent Republican candidate, but he's just not batshit insane enough for them.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sister Act The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

6th Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼