Couple have great day out at Auschwitz

When I think of Auschwitz, I always think of it as a monochrome, dark, miserable place.

It's hard to imagine the the weather was frequently beautiful like that back when people were enduring untold suffering every waking hour.

When I think of Auschwitz, I always think of it as a monochrome, dark, miserable place.

It's hard to imagine the the weather was frequently beautiful like that back when people were enduring untold suffering every waking hour.
Was there one time sunshine,flowers blooming, birds singing. Hard to imagine that such evil things happened, people used to say flowers don’t bloom there or birds don’t fly over Auschwitz.

Was there one time sunshine,flowers blooming, birds singing. Hard to imagine that such things happened, people used to say flowers don’t bloom there or birds don’t fly over Auschwitz.
Awful. Are you glad you visited?

I went to Sachsenhausen a few years ago and that was enough for me. Considered doing Auschwitz when I was in Krakow but decided that it would just ruin the trip.

Awful. Are you glad you visited?

I went to Sachsenhausen a few years ago and that was enough for me. Considered doing Auschwitz when I was in Krakow but decided that it would just ruin the trip.
I’m glad I visited as atrocities seem to be forgotten as generations pass but it is still a bit surreal to think that humans could do such evil. Having been places through my professional life like Balkans previous atrocities have no bearing on the next generation unfortunately.

Dachau i actually found more harrowing really as that was the where the ideas of murder factories were spawned and the methods that would enable mass murder were given dry runs.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Robot Dreams (G)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼