cost of living protest.

Oh right.

I thought this was the thread to mock people who complain about the rising cost of living, while companies like BP and ESB triple their profits.

Fair play to the council workers for highjacking the protest to highlight the fact that they are being removed from the PS gravy train trough. No more double bubble 😂😂

Idiot protestors.

Why would anyone be upset that the ESB or whatever name they're called now tripled thier profits this half year? It's not their fault ardinaree people are worried about the cost of heating themsleves this winter. Just put extra jumpers on.

No, let's all wait for doleys to get an extra ten quid and get mad about that. Or jsut mock anyone who complains.

Fucks sake lads.

Yeah best to stand around and listen to that psycho Blighe who got the Ukrainian shop shut down, and Mick Barry.

They're the men to sort this out....

Surely employers could just pay their valued employees more without needing to be forced by legislation?

They will in my hole.
Most employers are such idiots then rather than give good employees a small raise, they will keep paying them shit until the good employee leaves and the company has to hire more people are great expense who will probably be a whole lot worse than the previous employees.

I remember working in a Cork hotel in the late 90s and I went to the boss asking for a raise from my 3 pounds an hour. He literally grabbed me by the collar and told me to fuck off. Himself and his brother went completely bankrupt not long after lol. Another time I came in for my 3 pound an hour job with my tie slightly off to the side. All he had to say was to tell me straighten my tie but I got a big 5 minute rant "how fucking dare you come in in that fucking state you little prick? What am I paying you for? You come in like that again you can find another job" I was such a little twat I actually took that shit instead of telling him where to go.
To be honest I needed the money for gatt and to buy stuff like Final Fantasy VII on the Playstation.

Still we had the craic in that place. One night we waited for the mgmt to go home then we broke into the hotel bar and had a pissup. It was like 4 barmen, a couple of glassboys, the night porter, and the car park attendant. We even went in and got breakfast in the morning in the hotel restaurant. Don't really know how we got away with that one to be honest.

They will in my hole.
Most employers are such idiots then rather than give good employees a small raise, they will keep paying them shit until the good employee leaves and the company has to hire more people are great expense who will probably be a whole lot worse than the previous employees.

I remember working in a Cork hotel in the late 90s and I went to the boss asking for a raise from my 3 pounds an hour. He literally grabbed me by the collar and told me to fuck off. Himself and his brother went completely bankrupt not long after lol. Another time I came in for my 3 pound an hour job with my tie slightly off to the side. All he had to say was to tell me straighten my tie but I got a big 5 minute rant "how fucking dare you come in in that fucking state you little prick? What am I paying you for? You come in like that again you can find another job" I was such a little twat I actually took that shit instead of telling him where to go.
To be honest I needed the money for gatt and to buy stuff like Final Fantasy VII on the Playstation.

Still we had the craic in that place. One night we waited for the mgmt to go home then we broke into the hotel bar and had a pissup. It was like 4 barmen, a couple of glassboys, the night porter, and the car park attendant. We even went in and got breakfast in the morning in the hotel restaurant. Don't really know how we got away with that one to be honest.

None of that actually happened

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Brian Gallagher Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

18th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Roy Orbison Reborn starring Dean Bourne

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼