Corn Ui Mhuiri

Br Walter was a blow in.

Left a Hogan cup final in Portlaoise where CCri beat Summerhilll and a flagseller asked us who won - and we said Summerhill and he put away all his green black and white merch and ran over to the Summerhill supporters to offer discounts.

Principal is a decent enough sort but not from the Chríost Rí staff as all previous principals have been.
Probably isn't as invested in the history and tradition of Frewen, Simcox, Corn Uí Mhuirí as his predecessors were.
That said there are footballers on the teaching staff.

Could be there is more of a focus on academic attainment.......

As a past pupil it is sad to see...........can remember trains to Port Laoise to play St. Pat's Maghera and a then Colin Corkery scoring frees from all angles.
Exact same thing is happening to the Mon in hurling so imagine it is more to do with demographics than lack of enthusiasm within the school.

This is true - have heard blame put on the diverse nature of the current student body but doubt this is the issue.
School is big enough to be able to field strong squad with boys from likes of Nemo, Barrs, St Michaels, Douglas and further afield.
For a school to be competitive at any sport, there must be buy-in from the principal and senior staff. This does seem to be the case at CCR these days.
Cork county Board should be interacting with the school to help them if necessary. Too big an academy of potential future county players to be let drift away.
🤔
Every dog has it's day I suppose.
When I was in CSN, despite there being good players there and GAA teachers, the results were disappointing to say the least!

Br Walter was a blow in.

Left a Hogan cup final in Portlaoise where CCri beat Summerhilll and a flagseller asked us who won - and we said Summerhill and he put away all his green black and white merch and ran over to the Summerhill supporters to offer discounts.
Sorry yes he was.

I was in Abbotstown yesterday and happened across a decent Cork V Dublin u16 match. Dubs had 2 separate squads. Cork had about 25 players. And Cork won by 4 or 5.

I was in Abbotstown yesterday and happened across a decent Cork V Dublin u16 match. Dubs had 2 separate squads. Cork had about 25 players. And Cork won by 4 or 5.

If Dublin had mixed squads and Cork had near enough to their best team then on the law of averages Cork should win.

Corn Ui Mhuiri quarter-finals

St Francis College Rochestown v Tralee/St Flannan's/Clonakilty

CSN Bishopstown v Skibbereen CS

St Brendan's Killarney v Hamilton High School, Bandon

Tralee/St Flannan's/Clonakilty v Mercy Mounthawk

S/Fs: A v B, C v D

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase