Cork u20 Hurling 2023

From watching the u20 championships the referees definitely seem to give frees easier to the offalys and the sligos when they’re up against bigger counties.

All-Ireland U-20 hurling final set to be deferred by a week due to Joe McDonagh clash

Good to have Eoin Downey back but you'd feel sorry for the all the leaving certs on the panel. Rough spot to be in although I'm sure they won't be too downhearted if they walk into the exam hall with an AI U20 medal in the back pocket.

Good to have Eoin Downey back but you'd feel sorry for the all the leaving certs on the panel. Rough spot to be in although I'm sure they won't be too downhearted if they walk into the exam hall with an AI U20 medal in the back pocket.
Makes changing the minor from u18 to u17 all the more farcical when you see this happen.

The gaa…..a fucking muppet show of an organisation, changing age grades to safe guard young players and then arranging an all Ireland underage final for the week of the leaving very, absolutely ridiculous but no surprise from an organisation that couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery

All-Ireland U-20 hurling final set to be deferred by a week due to Joe McDonagh clash

Delighted that Eoin Downey is available but this just sums up the U20 farce.

The final gets moved to accommodate Offaly players because they are 'only' a Joe McDonagh team. Could Clare or Limerick or Galway not feel genuinely aggrieved that it's one rule for one team in the competition and a different rule for other teams in the competition. Not having a cut here at Offaly rather just pointing out what a mess the GAA have made with the U20 grade.

No county has suffered more from this stupid rule then Cork with Ciaran Joyce and Shane Barrett missing out on All Ireland medals over it and Eoin Downey missing out on a Munster medal over it. Absolutely ridiculous.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Rebel Frequencies Presents Songsmiths
The White Horse, Ballincollig

20th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼