Cork u20 Hurling 2023

Wasn’t the great game the 99 one?
It was, the finest performance of the Cork team from that era. That was a serious Offaly side and we we got the dying kick from them in 2000. With regard to tonight, Offaly are probaby lighter than us but physicality never bothers Offaly teams, they seem to relish it. Our running game out of defence is something they will target and they will look to chase us down and turn us over in packs.

I would say that our forwards would be far superior to Wexford who looked very limited. I don't recall one goal chance created by them tonight. We need to box clever, they will bring a huge crowd wherever it's played. It's there for us if we keep our heads (as we have), trust our hurling and our bench which has been a secret weapon in every game.

Is the final still going ahead on the 27th? Isn't there something about Offaly having senior players on the U20 squad with the Joe McDonagh cup final fixed for the same day?

It was, the finest performance of the Cork team from that era. That was a serious Offaly side and we we got the dying kick from them in 2000. With regard to tonight, Offaly are probaby lighter than us but physicality never bothers Offaly teams, they seem to relish it. Our running game out of defence is something they will target and they will look to chase us down and turn us over in packs.

I would say that our forwards would be far superior to Wexford who looked very limited. I don't recall one goal chance created by them tonight. We need to box clever, they will bring a huge crowd wherever it's played. It's there for us if we keep our heads (as we have), trust our hurling and our bench which has been a secret weapon in every game.
I was always annoyed by 2000. We were overconfident and got beat. It handed Kilkenny a handy All Ireland too. If they played us they may have doubted themselves and even if they would have won they’d have had to earn it.

Is the final still going ahead on the 27th? Isn't there something about Offaly having senior players on the U20 squad with the Joe McDonagh cup final fixed for the same day?
Tough on Offaly but don’t see how it makes a difference, if we’re missing Eoin Downey why should they be able to get the final moved for their players.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

19th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼