Cork Senior Football 2023

Why is it every few weeks the Cork Football topics descend into this type of petty squabbling between the same few contributors.

It's a pain in the hole lads, all we want to do is keep informed on what's happening with the Cork Senior footballers, who is in/out, who is coaching, who is going well, opinions on the above - in the lead up to the start of the National League - it's not to much to ask for surely ?

Why is it every few weeks the Cork Football topics descend into this type of petty squabbling between the same few contributors.

It's a pain in the hole lads, all we want to do is keep informed on what's happening with the Cork Senior footballers, who is in/out, who is coaching, who is going well, opinions on the above - in the lead up to the start of the National League - it's not to much to ask for surely ?
Apologies Boom

Apologies Boom
Yes it is but I think the Football followers on here are fed up of losing our better players who play both to the hurling and this thing of it Cork Gaa support it any way is a load of shite.To me Hurling is the same as Rugby,Soccer or any other sport.Football and Hurling have no Comparsions really and that the bottom line.If a player from u16 up is good at both the footballers ie minor selectors should disguard all these duel players because none of them ever pick the Football.Football needs to get serious in Cork stop taking Shite from within its own County and learn to walk a separte path to Hurling and have no connection what so ever to that sport or the people who run it maybe then we might start going somewhere

Yes it is but I think the Football followers on here are fed up of losing our better players who play both to the hurling and this thing of it Cork Gaa support it any way is a load of shite.To me Hurling is the same as Rugby,Soccer or any other sport.Football and Hurling have no Comparsions really and that the bottom line.If a player from u16 up is good at both the footballers ie minor selectors should disguard all these duel players because none of them ever pick the Football.Football needs to get serious in Cork stop taking Shite from within its own County and learn to walk a separte path to Hurling and have no connection what so ever to that sport or the people who run it maybe then we might start going somewhere
I see myself as Cork supporter not either or, sure I'm pissed off that Keane and Hayes have opted to play hurling as I think they would bring more to the football panel and imo won't add anything to the hurling panel, so it is a lose lose for both teams.
Now I have asked a couple of times now and nobody seems to want to answer, why do players opt for the hurling panel over the football one?

I see myself as Cork supporter not either or, sure I'm pissed off that Keane and Hayes have opted to play hurling as I think they would bring more to the football panel and imo won't add anything to the hurling panel, so it is a lose lose for both teams.
Now I have asked a couple of times now and nobody seems to want to answer, why do players opt for the hurling panel over the football one?
Not sure if there is any specific reason as every case is different- obvious take would be “better chance of medals”.

Another one I tbink make be genuinely true with the current state of affairs, dual players are probably confident that they can walk away from football and get back in the squad if things don’t work out. The footballers don’t have enough depth to turn lads like Hayes away even if they wanted to in a years time. (Of course, I would love to see him back regardless). The opposite applies for hurling, if Damien Cahalane left the hurlers for football for example, they have enough depth to be less affected, and he doesn’t have the impact to hold them ransom.

Just a guess but as I said, every case is different with many factors playing a part

Hurling is the ‘sexy’ option. Beloved by supporters despite the lack of success for 17 years. Lower level of competition for ultimate honours as well

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Amigo The Devil
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

21st Jul 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Colm Murphy

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼