Cork Senior Football 2023

Strange to be honest that nobody's mentioning John Cooper in their teams. I thought he had a very good year last year - didn't look at all out of place against top teams. Brings all he as to the table, consistently makes good decisions with and without the ball, including penetrating runs off the ball at the right time. A team player with a good head on his shoulders, and given his path to that level there could be a fair bit more in him too.

Of course there are a lot of good players competing for places, but Cooper is definitely one of them.
He's going travelling next year unfortunately

Fox Leary

What you're stating regarding Connolly applies to a lot of skillful players with vision who are very good finishers. That type of player would be credited in the past but they are not seen good now unless they work like dogs further out-field. The problem is over-coaching based on an obsession with fitness and the gurus making big money. What does Stephen Sherlock bring way above Connolly at this level? Only for free-taking what does Dean Rock bring to the mighty Dubs?

I saw Sean White play a good few times at underage and I rated him as a prospect for the seniors but he is yet to deliver at the top level. He played a lot of games with Cork in 2019 but didn't stand out or penetrate but instead played a lot of sideways football.

Churchtown Gael

Mitchelstown have gone back a lot this year, Ballygiblin hurling has taken over the area and Cathal O'Mahony has come on board with their hurlers again. However did you see his performance when introduced in the Clare league game in Ennis last year and when he started against Kerry in the championship this year.

Connolly is a certain in my books. Yes , he can be very frustrating at times but there are not many players who think and play the game like he does. We saw against castle haven, tore them apart and I’m not sure what clown said he has no speed! Even the winning goal, only him would’ve gone for the back of the net and that’s what cork football need

Connolly is a certain in my books. Yes , he can be very frustrating at times but there are not many players who think and play the game like he does. We saw against castle haven, tore them apart and I’m not sure what clown said he has no speed! Even the winning goal, only him would’ve gone for the back of the net and that’s what cork football need
Connolly isn’t so slow but is not fast by any stretch at intercounty level. Neither is Sherlock but he makes up for it by being unerringly accurate and a reliable shooter.

Connolly has moments of magic but has moments of utter madness. Maybe he’d be an option to bring off the bench as a throw of the dice if we were losing. But that’s about it. I’ll eat my hat if he starts a championship game.

What does Stephen Sherlock bring way above Connolly at this level? Only for free-taking what does Dean Rock bring to the mighty Dubs?
Sherlock is miles ahead of Connolly, he’s a far better finisher, far better free taker and although prone to the occasional speculative effort he’s far more sensible in possession than Connolly.

no Daniel O Connell no John Cooper every year in Cork football some players missing ...not sure about Cathal Maguire at this level v good club player ....a shame if Cooper gone along with Rory Maguire both put in at the deep end this year both were outstanding Cooper v aggressive as well.

Sherlock is miles ahead of Connolly, he’s a far better finisher, far better free taker and although prone to the occasional speculative effort he’s far more sensible in possession than Connolly.

Connolly has far more moments of magic, neither of them cut it on the frees for me. Sherlock missed a bad one v Dublin when Cork were doing okay early on with no elements while Sean O'Shea scored a harder free for Kerry into a gale.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Cooper Clarke
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

19th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Light and Shade

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼