Cork Minor Hurling 2023

They defeated Galway by 6 but players missing from both teams. Galway missing more due to schools matches and Aaron Niland was a big loss for the tribesmen.

They defeated Dublin today in Mallow by 13 points 4-14 to 0-13. They also defeated them before by around the same difference.

They drew with Kilkenny 17 points each a few weeks back.

The backs and mid-field have changed a good bit in different matches over time but the forwards have more or less remained the same.
Surely Galway should have three Aaron Nilands.

HighHorse

Although I know little about Waterford minors I expect Cork to defeat them in the Pairc on Tuesday night week. Then I'm expecting a good Tipp outfit on the 4th and Cork will have their work cut out in this game. Very little in it between Cork v Limerick and hard to call with Clare also rated. My prediction is Cork will defeat Waterford, lose to Tipp, a draw or narrow win v Limerick and another draw or narrow win v Clare.

Podsy

There's only one Aaron Niland I know of but his brother Evan is a Galway senior so the hurling is in the genes.

hurley68

I'm only hearing from one source regarding Tipp but don't they have a good few players from last year's AI winning team, players from Dean Ryan winners and panellists from the Harty Cup teams. Clare will be good.

Clare 2-15 Tipperary 0-14
Waterford 0-7 Limerick 1-7
Clare looked really good, lot of big athletic fellas around the middle. Only worry would be shooting, should have scored a lot more in the first half and probably hit 15 wides over the course of it.
Tipp were poor, no real standout players. Got a few points in the last 5 minutes to make it look more respectable.
I thought before tonight Cork and Clare would be the 2 in a munster final, and the results make me even more confident in that

I’m from the football area of Galway so would know little personally about our underage hurlers but I work with a guy who is involved with the underage hurling development squads and he is convinced this years team will win the minor All Ireland.
Was there an u16 All Ireland competition played last year? Arrabawn cup I think it used to be called?

Limerick Waterford was played in atrocious conditions in Dungarvan. Hard to believe the game went ahead. Lots of wides from limerick and only a goal the difference in the end. Waterford goalie tried a short puck out which was a bad idea given the conditions

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼