Cork Minor Hurling 2023

Looks good if so ...
I hope you're correct! Interesting that Valley Rovers were the closest team to defeating Douglas in a Premier 1 semi-final in the Mardyke and they haven't any player involved with Cork U-16's, I believe players such as Anthony Slattery and Harry O'Sullivan are underage unless they're committed to football only. Anyone know for sure?

According to the Echo Niall O'Halloran who coached Fr. O'Neill's to the Senior A County title yesterday is a selector for Cork minor hurlers this year, so it appears Fraggies backroom team are in place.

I can't understand why players aren't allowed play both codes at this level and believe it's very unfair on players to be made decide when they are good enough for both inter-county teams/panels.

I believe both teams are ultimately going to be at a substantial loss by making players decide on one or the other.

According to the Echo Niall O'Halloran who coached Fr. O'Neill's to the Senior A County title yesterday is a selector for Cork minor hurlers this year, so it appears Fraggies backroom team are in place.

I can't understand why players aren't allowed play both codes at this level and believe it's very unfair on players to be made decide when they are good enough for both inter-county teams/panels.

I believe both teams are ultimately going to be at a substantial loss by making players decide on one or the other.
Reckon it'll affect the footballers more, there's more glory in hurling.
If you were to allow dual players somebody would have to manage their training regime. The amount of training fellas do between clubs, schools and development squads is mental even without the dual inter-county. The expert advice is that for best performance it's max 4 sessions per week (including matches). These young fellas are training 6/7 times pw never mind matches. Rebelog need to get a grip on this.

Reckon it'll affect the footballers more, there's more glory in hurling.
If you were to allow dual players somebody would have to manage their training regime. The amount of training fellas do between clubs, schools and development squads is mental even without the dual inter-county. The expert advice is that for best performance it's max 4 sessions per week (including matches). These young fellas are training 6/7 times pw never mind matches. Rebelog need to get a grip on this.
Well if you have managers behind the scenes telling lads to not play with the schools etc, you cant really rely on the management team to honestly manage a young fella's training regime. The hurling management will do what's most important for them and vice versa. And of course these kids aren't going to manage their own either, they're going to want to play. If they're playing soccer, rugby etc there'll be pressures from all different managements.

A bit like the GAA not even being able to police the back to training for intercounty teams. I think the end of November is the date but shur anyone not in championship at the moment is already back. Pat Ryan has his panel already

Well if you have managers behind the scenes telling lads to not play with the schools etc, you cant really rely on the management team to honestly manage a young fella's training regime. The hurling management will do what's most important for them and vice versa. And of course these kids aren't going to manage their own either, they're going to want to play. If they're playing soccer, rugby etc there'll be pressures from all different managements.

A bit like the GAA not even being able to police the back to training for intercounty teams. I think the end of November is the date but shur anyone not in championship at the moment is already back. Pat Ryan has his panel already
No easy answers to this one for sure.
I always think of Brian Corcoran retiring at 26 as the ultimate example. One of my buddies was in CIT at the same time and all he can remember is every time he saw him he seemed to be on crutches.

Cork County Minor A Hurling Final Replay: AET

Youghal 2-14 Charleville 0-17

Great game of hurling it must be said. Brian Lynch midfield for Youghal was excellent. Supposedly a nephew of Seánie O' Gorman from Milford. Correct me if I'm wrong. Cork Minor Jayden Casey while relatively quite still finished with 1-2 or 1-3. His goal was a great individual effort. For Charleville, Seán Bresnan and Gareth Gleeson were excellent. While Kristian O' Gorman was the best man on the field at centre back, yet their efforts still weren't enough to stop Youghal. The 2 goals were the key scores in the game. As the old saying goes, goals win games.

This is a huge boost to Youghal hurling. A win they badly needed. Great atmosphere there today. It had a Harty Cup feel about it. Speaking of Harty, great to see Youghal back playing Harty too.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Rebel Frequencies Presents Songsmiths
The White Horse, Ballincollig

20th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

The Hollyz

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼