Cork Minor Hurling 2023

Corkonian1

midcorkgael

Doesn't Nyhan live in Cloyne and he's gone out of Bandon/Carbery a very long time. I don't believe he represents Carbery as a Cork selector. However I'm not a selector and the best underage goalie I saw this year was John Buckley of Bandon and he did not.figure with Cork U-16's so IMO Nyhan and Co. should take a serious look at him for the panel.

Clonakilty U-15 player Oisin Hassett has great potential and should be involved with Cork minors over the next 2 years. He wasn't even on this year's Cork U-15 panel. Agree with your point regarding Sean Og and Muskerry.

Pooman

Barry O Flynn scored 4-8 in the u16 county final. Was he a Cork u16 this year?
Sure was. Some performance alright but game was over after 10 minutes, Sars had four goals on the board at that stage. It was obvious they had targetted the keeper as a weak link. Felt sorry for the young fella but he shouldn't have been in there.
Scored 3-2 in the semi-final as well when it was needed. Serious prospect.

HurlingFan19

Sure was. Some performance alright but game was over after 10 minutes, Sars had four goals on the board at that stage. It was obvious they had targetted the keeper as a weak link. Felt sorry for the young fella but he shouldn't have been in there.
Scored 3-2 in the semi-final as well when it was needed. Serious prospect.
Good to hear, sounds like a serious prospect. A massive well done to Aghada for getting to the final. Hurling really on the rise down there.

Pooman

Good to hear, sounds like a serious prospect. A massive well done to Aghada for getting to the final. Hurling really on the rise down there.
Their first ever P1 hurling final at any age apparently so was a big occasion for them. Pity it all went a bit pear shaped on the night. Some decent players but maybe lacking a bit in depth.
Hard to see past Sars, Midleton or Douglas for P1 Minor next year.

HurlingFan19

Their first ever P1 hurling final at any age apparently so was a big occasion for them. Pity it all went a bit pear shaped on the night. Some decent players but maybe lacking a bit in depth.
Hard to see past Sars, Midleton or Douglas for P1 Minor next year.
It’s always going to be hard for the likes of Aghada to compete with the likes of Sars, Midleton and Douglas. It’s very important for their development to bring these lads into their adult teams in the years to come, especially since they were relegated to Intermediate A last year.

Barry O Flynn scored 4-8 in the u16 county final. Was he a Cork u16 this year? I saw him play in the development squads at Under 15 and 16. Lovely stick man. Definitely a prospect.
I saw him play in the development squads at Under 14, 15 and 16. Lovely stick man. 4-8 is some scoring. Definitely a prospect. Should be a Cork minor starter next year all going well. I had him in my notes as Ben O' Flynn but I'll change that to Barry now.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Love Buzz
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

10th Dec 2022 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Jazz Improv Special - Trio Grande

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

View more events ▼