Cork Minor Hurling 2023

red&blue

S
As far as I am aware the u18 league u17 championship is gonna pass at tomorrow nights meeting but my own club are gonna field there u17 team in it and I am sure other clubs will follow suit
Shame on any club that tells an u18 player they cannot play in an u18 league game because they are not u17. Funny how the talk all year from clubs was that most 18 year olds weren’t ready to play adult grade games and now clubs are going to be at this shit? Shameful stuff

It’s absolutely ridiculous. I wonder how the club would react if a fella decided he wanted to transfer to a club who would allow him to play.

leeside_rebel

As far as I am aware the u18 league u17 championship is gonna pass at tomorrow nights meeting but my own club are gonna field there u17 team in it and I am sure other clubs will follow suit
Are u saying 18 year olds will be allowed play in minor league, but then for championship they can't ?
That sounds like a total disaster of a set up

And it passed it’s up on the cork gaa master plan fixture it’s a very short league I think 6 games or something it’s over before summer when u17 championship will kick off

leeside_rebel

Same as what they played for decades, u18 league
Ok , still doesn't sound ideal. For league you can use 18 year olds but then for championship you won't have them. So you'll have to play 17 year olds who may not have played a huge amount in league while you were trying to cater for 18 year olds who needed to get games
Maybe it's not as complicated as I think but it seems a bit all over the place.

Pooman

Ok , still doesn't sound ideal. For league you can use 18 year olds but then for championship you won't have them. So you'll have to play 17 year olds who may not have played a huge amount in league while you were trying to cater for 18 year olds who needed to get games
Maybe it's not as complicated as I think but it seems a bit all over the place.
And as another poster said, where do the U16's fit in? Ill thought out and downright daft imo.

leeside_rebel

And as another poster said, where do the U16's fit in? Ill thought out and downright daft imo.
U16s probably won't play league if you've enough 18&17 players. But then for championship depending on size of club you'll need U16s to fill your 17 team
I can see 2023 being a write off for a lot of players again. The stronger players will be fine, it's the fringe lads again will suffer most
Hopefully 2024 everything is finally back to the old way

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Charlie's, Union Quay

26th Feb 2023 @ 3:30 pm
More info..

An Cailín Ciúin (The Quiet Girl)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 12pm

View more events ▼