Cork hurlings next manager

Glad to see Pat Ryan get it, one of the most popular appointments in a long time
But my fear is already some people are getting carried away like Cork will automatically win all Ireland's now.
It wouldn't surprise me in 12 months time to see people here looking for change again
Hopefully not, lets give Pat & this mgmt a fair go..

Sometimes its out of the mgmt hands, key players getting bad injuries etc

But if all went well, be awesome to win an AI in year 2 or 3.

Jesus id take year 4 or 5 now as this stage as long as we are seeing improvements year on year

Post deleted
Good man, it wasn’t nice
Glad to see Pat Ryan get it, one of the most popular appointments in a long time
But my fear is already some people are getting carried away like Cork will automatically win all Ireland's now.
It wouldn't surprise me in 12 months time to see people here looking for change again
anyone in their right mind won’t be getting carried away. Personally if I see a change of culture, a change of attitude and a change of hurling smarts then I’ll be happy we are on the right road. Anything less and you’d have to start worrying a little. But I believe Pats imprint will be all over this team by this time next year, hopefully we’ll be looking foward to the final

You understand the management team have left.
No need for this sniping anymore.

Look to the future and support the new management team and squad.

KK and team gave an immense commitment to Cork hurling. We didn't get where we wanted to. But continuing to have a cut off the old team is pointless and smacks of an agenda.

Yes I know you didn't - no bother.

For weeks now, between various posters I've been advocating for a more civil discourse.
I think the personalised nature of some of the positions taken is totally uncalled for.

I totally commend the entire management team outgoing. Their commitment, dedication and work for Cork hurling should not be denigrated on a personal level. Tactics fine. Selection fine. I've done that myself. But people is way too far.

It's a huge sacrifice. Personally.

They shouldn't have to face personal attack and criticism.

Fully agreed.

The same gang delighted with Ryans appointment will be here in 12 months looking for his head

Reading that you can see how grounded, measured and driven he is. We will do 3 in a row!!!!!!
Solid classy stuff isnt it? All inclusion, letting the older players and young guns know their welcome and thanking KK. Like his point on club games been important and he will be taking note.

Tbf, KK went gracefully. The Rock in particular seems like a bit of a publicity whore. I'm sure for him, the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.
Tbf, KK went gracefully. The Rock in particular seems like a bit of a publicity whore. I'm sure for him, the only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.
I am no starry eyed fan of the Rock, but he was a superb and loyal servant to Cork and we loved him in the terraces. Owes nothing to Cork. Maybe we don’t agree with all he says but he is entitled to his opinion and I dont believe we can question his commitment to Cork. Good luck to him.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT

Tim Mullane

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 10:30pm

More events ▼