Cork hurlings next manager

Maybe wrong man was a bit harsh but i lost all respect for him as a manager by his continuous placing of M Coleman on C Lynch. I wish him the best in retirement .
Agree! It took far too long for the management to see that Mark Coleman is not an inter-county centre-back. Also his bad habit of turning back and hand passing to the extent of regularly coughing up posession and slowing the game down wasn't addressed as a demand that it needed to stop.

Another fiasco was the dropping of Hoggy, KK & Co. entrusted the free taking duties on a player who didn't have a high success rate as a free taker which he didn't believe was good enough for the panel a year ago, farcical really!

It’s still dirty with pretend dirt from my pretend journey to Belfast 🤣
no-job-is-pobucm.jpg

On this, how would Pat Ryan be on tactics? Basically wondering have we anything in any management group to in some way go toward matching Kinnerk? Overall Im delighted Pat Ryan has gotten, and is able to do, the job. Who knows if it will work out but its the obvious choice. Hope Wayne is asked and is able to do it too. Would see Wayne as of a Kiely / Cody figure - a rock of sense, no bullshit or PR with him. Wouldn't see Wayne as our Kinnerk guy but he would be a super addition to the management group, respected by everyone.
Good points there

Pat Ryan is/was a fabulous coach, he had a real impact on a lot of the cork players when he was there but I don’t think he’s a Kinnerk type in that Pat likes to keep things simple with little over elaboration, hence why everyone was raving about the style of play his u20s played.

I wouldn’t necessarily go looking for a clone of Kinnerk but I would bring in a young coach who knows how to win and who is flexible enough in his tactics, go short when we neeed to, go long when we need to and run at them when ever we can. To me there’s only one man, presuming both himself and Pat Ryan are happy, and that’s Ben O Connor

Good points there

Pat likes to keep things simple with little over elaboration

We are completely trying to reinvent the wheel down here with too long.
Did you see Mikey Butlers performance for Kilkenny last Saturday night. Old fashioned man marking. I loved it. Ditto Sean Finn, Ditto Barry Nash. Defenders defend. Its not rocket science.

Hurling has evolved but the basics have always remained the same. Ryan gets that I think.

100%, get the basics right and we won’t be far away, I could never see Pat go down the road of our Harlem Globetrotters tactics this year, just way too complicated and way too risky. Pat will set us up right and he will ask questions of our players that they haven’t been asked before. Bring it on

My first question would be, will Declan Dalton finally be a regular presence in the squad?
Or is there a particular reason he shouldn't be?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Randy Feltface
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

17th Jul 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼