Cork hurlings next manager

I would not rule out a JBM manager with Ben O Connor as coach ( before you all take the piss) whom were gonna be with the Minor teams and wanted a 2 year term and didn’t get it so Donal og was appointed for a year.
I would definitely bring in Sherlock and maybe Fergal Condon or Kelleher from the Glen or similar.
I would definitely welcome Donal og as goalkeepers coach.
The manager now is someone whom his selection committee respects but also listens to the selectors more than the players and whilst JBM might be a very very good guy the others can be the bad cops.
We have to mix our game up a bit and just my own opinion is I think we need to get bigger in the full fwd line and be more direct into that area because the middle 3rd now is so congested even with fouling ( both semi finals had it) and shooting from the middle is becoming more predictable.
Limerick half back line sit so deep there’s no room unless you mix with direct ball and I would actually play 3 ball winners inside not on the 40 because that’s what everyone is doing and we need to come up and get our style of play instead of trying to copycat others. The game evolves but it is still the same. Score more and defend better. Galway hits one direct not purpose ball into full fwds. Casey not expected it was caught and bang goal.
We have to understand we need to mix it. Kilkenny trust their full fwds to go long because the ball sticks and they are set defenders wise if it doesn’t.
Limerick game is much more diagonal into the fwds but then they set defenders back.
We run into space that’s not available and turnover the ball not giving our full fwds good ball but again not giving us time to set up again defensively and we get caught.
We have serious players and great talent and I hope to God we get the right management because we need to get some respect back to what we were not talking about how long the grace was 16 years ago in Croke Park

I would not rule out a JBM manager with Ben O Connor as coach ( before you all take the piss) whom were gonna be with the Minor teams and wanted a 2 year term and didn’t get it so Donal og was appointed for a year.
I would definitely bring in Sherlock and maybe Fergal Condon or Kelleher from the Glen or similar.
I would definitely welcome Donal og as goalkeepers coach.
The manager now is someone whom his selection committee respects but also listens to the selectors more than the players and whilst JBM might be a very very good guy the others can be the bad cops.
We have to mix our game up a bit and just my own opinion is I think we need to get bigger in the full fwd line and be more direct into that area because the middle 3rd now is so congested even with fouling ( both semi finals had it) and shooting from the middle is becoming more predictable.
Limerick half back line sit so deep there’s no room unless you mix with direct ball and I would actually play 3 ball winners inside not on the 40 because that’s what everyone is doing and we need to come up and get our style of play instead of trying to copycat others. The game evolves but it is still the same. Score more and defend better. Galway hits one direct not purpose ball into full fwds. Casey not expected it was caught and bang goal.
We have to understand we need to mix it. Kilkenny trust their full fwds to go long because the ball sticks and they are set defenders wise if it doesn’t.
Limerick game is much more diagonal into the fwds but then they set defenders back.
We run into space that’s not available and turnover the ball not giving our full fwds good ball but again not giving us time to set up again defensively and we get caught.
We have serious players and great talent and I hope to God we get the right management because we need to get some respect back to what we were not talking about how long the grace was 16 years ago in Croke Park

Yeah with the tooth fairy and easter bunny as selectors.

Just as likely.

As said already Mulcahy and (or) Furlong will get the job,not my choice which would be Ben O Conner, W Sherlock Donal Og, and R Curran on the bases that Pat Ryan would not be available.

Are you expecting white smoke very soon,?

Clayton likes to pretend he has the inside track on Cork hurling.

It makes him feel special. Nevermind that nine times out of ten hes making it up as he goes along.

If Furlong or Pat Mul put their names forward then it only stands to reason they will have a strong shout for it.

Outgoing selectors who have put in the time will always be given priority.

Last edited:
Clayton likes to pretend he has the inside track on Cork hurling.

It makes him feel special. Nevermind that nine times out of ten hes making it up as he goes along.

If Furlong or Pat Mul put their names forward then it only stands to reason they will have a strong shout for it.

Outgoing selectors who have put in the time will always be given priority.
Rattled out of your mind, you"re some pity. Is there any day I don't consume your thoughts? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Joachim Cooder
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

2nd May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Eamonn McCormak Band

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11:50pm

More events ▼