Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I now put forward motion 2005 , to put this Thread into a Cryogenic dormant state as we mourn the current discombobulation of our Senior Hurlers. The Long Night has begun. We look forward to Feb and a new Spring, a new Dawn when the Sun will Rise once again. God bless you all brave Rebel Warriors.

I now put forward motion 2005 , to put this Thread into a Cryogenic dormant state as we mourn the current discombobulation of our Senior Hurlers. The Long Night has begun. We look forward to Feb and a new Spring, a new Dawn when the Sun will Rise once again. God bless you all brave Rebel Warriors.
The South will rise again

1685521704284.png

Any time I see James Owens on the programme my heart sinks. Not because he's particularly anti-Cork but he's just poor and loves being the centre of attention. For The Sunday Game to feel it was merited to show a blooper reel of some of his decisions yesterday says it all. Unfortunately for Cork they all went Limerick's way.
I would be very cautious about the motivation for that blooper reel. Woukdnt be surprised if Canning is thinking ahead about a galway limerick encounter
The donoghue handpass looked OK to me and the cahalane pick up looked clearly a foul in real time after he fumbled it badly. that's not a fair criticism.
The penalty was definitely harsh but Donoghue made no real effort to spoil the ball. He was totally focused on holding gillane because he is vulnerable in the air and he got done. He did quite a bit of that during the game and against Rodgers v Clare. Sometimes you just get caught.

On the broader picture Cork have showed a bit of heart , no question but in their last 3 games in the second half one simple mistake at the back and they were looking at a heavy defeat rather than a massive comeback.
Horgan has pulled them out of the fire regularly

If he and harnedy went or simply hit the wall do the younger cork lads have enough to lead ?

There's no next year at this level.

We are building something in clare I feel but Clearys injury could de rail us. Conlon being out the same.
We have 2 backs coming off the 20s who look ready to go in conneally and Lohan and a couple of more in mcnamara and cahill who have a chance but that's all pie in the sky. You must win today . There is no tomorrow

When you're only looking for 1 pt to get through then the Cahalane mistake should not happen Owens only gave it as the Limerick players shouted at him Ye'll discover home town refereeing in Munster final At least Ye'll have a second chance after it

Cahalane made a complete hames of the pick up . He fumbled and foostered it with no one on him. It did bounce and he didn't foul it. But it was very very close and the ref made a call that Cahalane should never have given him a chance to call.
Brian Hayes should have been on alot earlier . The losing of the game was Tim O Mahoneys goal miss. It was a glorious 'Cork type' goal opportunity and he couldn't take it.
Over the 70 mins Limerick were the better team by a fair bit. Cork are very nearly there and I think they ll win the All Ireland next year. I'm confident.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Libertines
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

22nd Sep 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼