Cork Hurlers - Part 2

We're 4 th this year, playing better than we played last year, when we benefitted from both Waterford and Tipp falling off of a cliff to get third.

Only Waterford fell off that cliff this year and there was nothing between ourselves and Tipp bar the great fortune that befell them when Lohan opted to place poor Foudy between the posts in Ennis.
I mean any team who can miss out on a Munster final by getting bate by a Waterford, who had zero skin in the game, should be having a word with themselves.

Leaving Limerick aside, I don't know where you're seeing the potential for Munster dominance being shared between Clare and Tipp.
Perhaps without realizing it you’ve actually only reinforced the point I was making.. but much of what I was saying was a matter of fact, not opinion eg Cork are 4th in a 5 horse race, that not even the main race.
However I’ve no idea how you could misrepresent what I said to such an extent talking about Clare & Tipp dominance in Munster when I made not even a mention of either team.. Bizarre stuff Hurlywurly really

You’re asking a Limerick man? Seriously? Limerick supporters are delighted that Cork hurling is suffering, as are Clare, Wexford and any other county outside the “Big 3” . Limerick endured barren decades, with many defeats attributed to Cork. These wounds are slow to heal, and they are relishing our demise.
Some of the ones I heard today certainly were. A lad said to a woman he was with ‘that’s Cork out now’. She replied ‘really? Oh that’s even better’. Although to be honest the vast majority of Limerick people near me were good craic and very friendly.

Gutted, that was hard to take.
On the game itself, TOM misses from 5 yards out, SK inability to lift the ball onto the hurl. He’s been around now for a while and is the most frustrating player, seems like he is onto the next action before completing the first task.
DC being called for lifting the ball off the ground, terrible penalty decision. Those are the tough breaks. That’s 4 points gifted to the best hurling team in the country. Only 4 mins of added time was a joke.

I’m so positive about the direction we are going, there are no guarantees and Munster is going to be hell again next year.
Ethan Twomey was good when came on, BH is the real deal. DD first year getting consistent starts will do him the world of good. LM never lets us down, DC a beast all year. SH and PH,class performance from both today. RD, immense today and him and his brother will be around for a while. BR solid first year.
Management will learn a great deal, we left the Clare game behind us. Starting that team looking back on it was madness. I hope Clare go onto win the AI.

We cheer on the u20 next week and lick our wounds from this, going to take me a while anyway. Going away now to listen to Johnny Cash on repeat.

Rebels
Clare can dive their way to one I’d say.

Fair but I think we are producing a new type of younger player now. Not just tippy tappy lads. Physical players like Hayes, Roche, Cunningham etc. Not to mention Joyce who has been a revelation. This was only his second year but he’s been different class.
A new type and more of them too.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jack L
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jennifer Lyons

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼