Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Disappointing but it was always a tall order going there. They missed two goal opportunities too with Gillane. They are improving every game but now face a free shot of a Munster final and even if they lose it’s the dubs at thurles in the qf. They just need 2 big performances to make it 4 in a row

Anybody know if Roche went off injured? Unusual for Pat to take players off that soon. Thought he nullified hayes well for a job he’s not used to doing 🤔

Don’t know how to feel after that, genuinely. Serious effort in the championship this year and we’ve hurled deep into the summer with far worse teams in recent years but ultimately we played Clare, Limerick and Tipp and didn’t beat any of them so that’s why we’re out and you can’t argue with that. We had three chances and we didnt do it.

Great displays by a number of players. Twomey was brilliant I thought when he came in and Joyce is a rolls Royce. But you look at the leadership we get from Hoggie and Harnedy and I don’t know where you replace that from. How many tight games have we been in recent years where we’re drifting out and a Hoggy goal from play starts a revival. Even though he’s a good bit past his absolute best (the man is 35) who is going to do that for us when he’s gone?

I have no idea how to feel other than absolutely gutted. 13 years since a senior mens all Ireland, 18 in hurling. Honestly never thought we’d see days like this. I hope there’s better to come but are we really any further along than we were in 17 or 18? Would you have believed coming away from the semi in 2017 with the players who came through that year that we’d be looking at another 7 years at least?

Anyway, incredible effort by everyone involved in the setup as ever. All you can ever ask a team is they give their all and they did in spades. Their families and clubs should be very proud of them.
Definitely further along. Since 2017 we are unlucky to be up against one of the best hurling teams ever who finally seem to be on the downturn. We've been in 4 of the 5 last U20 finals with another one in a weeks time backboned by one of the greatest minor teams of all time. Performance wise this was our best performance in years, we were just unlucky to be on the wrong side of close games. We would have crumbled in previous years against Tipp, Clare and Lmk but we fought back in each of the games. We were just brutally unlucky this year in every way possible from the final scores, to injuries to even the order our games were played. We had the two best teams in the competition away from home in consecutive weeks whereas next year we have them both at home along with a manager who will have more experience behind him after this year.
This is the most positive I have felt in years about the Cork hurlers and I can definitely see an All Ireland being won by Cork in the next five years.

Firstly Fair play to Limerick they prob deserved it overall . A big thank you to the Cork players who died in their boots today , thats all ya can ask for. Alot of silly decision making at times which cost us. Ya cant do that at this level . Still think were lacking midfield , Brian Roche will be alot better next year with the game time experience , is Ethan Twomey the answer , did well when he came on. We'll be back . I think Pat Ryan will get an all ireland out of bunch if hes left alone.
A bulked up Ethan Twomey is definitely the answer next year, I am really excited about us adding the likes of Eoghan Downey, Ethan Twomey, Ben Cunningham, Mark Coleman, Alan Connolly and Robbie O Flynn to that team next year

Don’t know how to feel after that, genuinely. Serious effort in the championship this year and we’ve hurled deep into the summer with far worse teams in recent years but ultimately we played Clare, Limerick and Tipp and didn’t beat any of them so that’s why we’re out and you can’t argue with that. We had three chances and we didnt do it.

Great displays by a number of players. Twomey was brilliant I thought when he came in and Joyce is a rolls Royce. But you look at the leadership we get from Hoggie and Harnedy and I don’t know where you replace that from. How many tight games have we been in recent years where we’re drifting out and a Hoggy goal from play starts a revival. Even though he’s a good bit past his absolute best (the man is 35) who is going to do that for us when he’s gone?

I have no idea how to feel other than absolutely gutted. 13 years since a senior mens all Ireland, 18 in hurling. Honestly never thought we’d see days like this. I hope there’s better to come but are we really any further along than we were in 17 or 18? Would you have believed coming away from the semi in 2017 with the players who came through that year that we’d be looking at another 7 years at least?

Anyway, incredible effort by everyone involved in the setup as ever. All you can ever ask a team is they give their all and they did in spades. Their families and clubs should be very proud of them.
Very genuine and well put thoughts there Tony that I think accurately reflect my own feelings too, after coming back home and settling down again. You couldn’t fault the overall effort today, nothing left behind in Limerick by the team and management.. but and it’s the but that’s killing me right now.. After what’s happened the last month or so I just don’t see us bridging the famine for years.. We are 4th in a 5 horse race and that’s just Munster..

A bulked up Ethan Twomey is definitely the answer next year, I am really excited about us adding the likes of Eoghan Downey, Ethan Twomey, Ben Cunningham, Mark Coleman, Alan Connolly and Robbie O Flynn to that team next year
Very important that the S&C team are working hard with the lads throughout the club season and off season. Will make a huge difference to our young lads.

I expect Ben Cunningham and Eoin Downey to start next year. Ethan is a great option for midfield along with Roche and Luke. Lots to look forward to next year, but Pat and his team will need a plan for the lads for the next few months.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

The Ricky Lynch Band

The White Horse, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼