Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Form lines:
V Waterford, cork and limerick both won; Cork by larger margin
V Clare; both lost by a point, Cork away but Lmk were at home
V Tipp - both drew but Cork were at home, Limerick away.
Injuries to key players this championship- one each (Finn and O Flynn both top 5 players on their team)
Both had tough game last Sunday.
Whatever team loses is out of championship.
A draw puts Cork through; a draw puts Limerick out.
Limerick at home on Sunday.
Based on the above, why are Cork 11-4? Limerick are reigning champions and Cork needed goals at key times to rescue themselves v Tipp and Clare. Limerick unlikely to concede 3/4 goals.

Form lines:
V Waterford, cork and limerick both won; Cork by larger margin
V Clare; both lost by a point, Cork away but Lmk were at home
V Tipp - both drew but Cork were at home, Limerick away.
Injuries to key players this championship- one each (Finn and O Flynn both top 5 players on their team)
Both had tough game last Sunday.
Whatever team loses is out of championship.
A draw puts Cork through; a draw puts Limerick out.
Limerick at home on Sunday.
Based on the above, why are Cork 11-4? Limerick are reigning champions and Cork needed goals at key times to rescue themselves v Tipp and Clare. Limerick unlikely to concede 3/4 goals.
Unlikely but if we draw and Tipp loss by 4 Tipp are out

100%

Management are going to have to be sharp and ruthless on Sunday with switches and subs

Can't delay and wait and see like v Clare

Learning curve for them but they can't be found wanting on Sunday
Thought last Sunday, even in the last 10 mins, we created the same open spaces in front of our 2 man ff line in ennis that Limerick did in 2021, but couldn't take advantage due to the guys left on. Alan Cadogan, not sure why he's not seeing game time, for example could have pulled a win out of it.
Of course Limerick are capable of giving us a hiding, but there's something about this group that's different and I don't see a hiding happening, and if we click our summer might not be over just yet.

TOM needs a huge game Sunday, he has given away stupid frees in both the Clare and Tipp games and needs to tighten that up. Maybe that’s why his minutes have been shortened, injury aside. We need him to be manic in his work-rate and smart with the ball.
Hope SK has a flier, the boy needs it. He has a big chance to shut people up and lose the super sub tag.
If we picked this team vs Clare I’d have fancied us for the win.
I think Limerick will throw a curve ball somewhere in their line up, they need a kick start.
As always the heart says Cork but think Limerick will win by 5.

Hope to god I’m wrong
Rebels Abù

TOM needs a huge game Sunday, he has given away stupid frees in both the Clare and Tipp games and needs to tighten that up. Maybe that’s why his minutes have been shortened, injury aside. We need him to be manic in his work-rate and smart with the ball.
Hope SK has a flier, the boy needs it. He has a big chance to shut people up and lose the super sub tag.
If we picked this team vs Clare I’d have fancied us for the win.
I think Limerick will throw a curve ball somewhere in their line up, they need a kick start.
As always the heart says Cork but think Limerick will win by 5.

Hope to god I’m wrong
Rebels Abù
That is the frustrating part of last week, all these players were available to play in the positions they are picked for on Sunday. We could be going into Sunday with 5 points on the board and guaranteed a spot in the All-Ireland series, instead we are playing for our lives. Small inches that make a huge difference. I just hope we don’t regret it come Sunday night

I said something similar to a lad from Newtown at work the other day. His take was that he was too eager to make an impression in the short time he had which is a fair point.

We need him at his absolute best to get a result this weekend.
I heard from another man from Newtown in Ennis last Sunday that TOM had been unwell. Hopefully he can thunder into it from the start next Sunday

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cornelius Patrick O' Sullivan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

17th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny

The Roundy, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼