Cork Hurlers - Part 2

24 hours to let the smile leave my face. We had the divil's own luck to escape last night's match with a draw. it was a night when we did not play particularly well. Our HB line and particularly our MF were suckin' the hind tit. Our line were rather slow in actioning a remedy. Perhaps Tim O M could have been introduced a little sooner for Roche. Also, 'though I hate to say it, Power should have been in for a very flagging Hoggy later in the game.
Full credit to the whole team for the never say die attitude after the rigours of a 6 day turn around. I am reminded of the epic 1960 Munster Final where Cork and Tipp flaked each other to a veritable standstill. Tipp winners on that day went straight into the AI final a month later v a very unfancied Wexford. They blamed the losing of that match on the Hell fire rigours of the Munster Final. So credit Cork for keeping the show on the road in these times of seriously intensive battles.

Tim O Mahony made a big impact when introduced and it will be hard to not start him against Clare. There’s a few other key selection calls to be made in defence as well.

Not a lot between
Luke Meade
Lehane
Kingston
Tommy O C
Brian Roche
Mellerick
Barrett
Tim O M

All down to tactical approach I suppose

Cork will come on a lot for that game so I’m more confident now.

24 hours to let the smile leave my face.
Some feeling alright
We had the divil's own luck to escape last night's match with a draw. it was a night when we did not play particularly well. Our HB line and particularly our MF were suckin' the hind tit. Our line were rather slow in actioning a remedy. Perhaps Tim O M could have been introduced a little sooner for Roche.
I’d love to see Tim at 12 but maybe playing him at 8 might give us a bit more solidity, Brian Roche who works like a dog could go wing foward and give us the shape and aggressive we badly need
Also, 'though I hate to say it, Power should have been in for a very flagging Hoggy later in the game.
I love Hoggy, the man owes us nothing, but if it’s the right call to take him off with 15 minutes to go, and it was both days, then we should do it. Padraig Power is the ideal replacement for him as he wins ball and scores. I hope to god that’s a conversation Pat Ryan is after having with Hoggy
Full credit to the whole team for the never say die attitude after the rigours of a 6 day turn around. I am reminded of the epic 1960 Munster Final where Cork and Tipp flaked each other to a veritable standstill. Tipp winners on that day went straight into the AI final a month later v a very unfancied Wexford. They blamed the losing of that match on the Hell fire rigours of the Munster Final. So credit Cork for keeping the show on the road in these times of seriously intensive battles.
You don’t have to go back 60 years for that scenario, just look at Clare in last years Munster final, threw everything bar their banjos at them. 🤣 And never recovered from it. But your point is well made

Last edited:
I wouldnt start E Downey next day , id put Tommy O Connell back wing back and start Luke Meade midfied and Tim O Mahony wing forward , id have Luke & Tim around the centre watching and stopping the runners coming through . I think management are very close to the winning combination. When Tipp got there last goal I noticed Cahalane driving felles into position as a few of our lads had their heads down , just thought it was great . Weve time come on ta fuck . Ive very optimistic this group will qualify.

Can’t say I agree with the above - Power has shown nothing that merits starting ahead of Hoggy in the “do or die “ game v Clare . Still thinking if the last management team were in charge we would have had the shrewdness to get the win yesterday - the players did want them to stay on . I think the old stock dug deep when we were staring down the barrel at defeat yesterday and our first possible scenario of being knocked out of the round robin

For all the talk about Tipp's ability to get goals we have outgoaled them 7 to 3 in last 2 championship matches and 10 to 4 if you include this year's Munster League game.

Clare have to play Waterford next weekend. Bubbles O Dwyer from Tipp was on the GAA Go coverage and he reckons there is a kick in the Deise!!
Wow, bubbles sticking his neck out there, the team that went toe to toe with one of the best hurling teams in the country. Top top analysing.
:lol!:

Can’t say I agree with the above - Power has shown nothing that merits starting ahead of Hoggy in the “do or die “ game v Clare . Still thinking if the last management team were in charge we would have had the shrewdness to get the win yesterday - the players did want them to stay on . I think the old stock dug deep when we were staring down the barrel at defeat yesterday and our first possible scenario of being knocked out of the round robin
Think that’s the worst post i’ve read on here in a while, Power has been way more consinstent and effective than hoggie in the games he’s played.

If your seriously thinking that last years team would’ve won yesterday you must have only been born in January because we would have been 10 points down at half time with the intensity tipp were playing with!

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Terry Alderton and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Tony Milner

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼