Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Sean is a great bit of stuff, having a few robust fellas like him around will do us no harm at all
How many of the newer players (un20 winners and league form) Do you starting?
I don’t really know maybe B Roach and Tommy O Connell but it’s great to have the blend of youth involved especially on the bench.
With T de Burca out ( poor lad has been through some injuries) will Lyons or Fagan go 6 whom are more attacking than a pocket 6 . I went to the Waterford/Tipp league game and Tipp could have 6-7 goals and just my opinion but De Burca is a massive loss.
I can’t see Gleeson going 14 with Kiely inside but it’s likely he may float from 11 around.
Barrett Dessie and young Fitzgerald are seriously good forwards and Waterford are very athletic.
Tough game to call and hopefully the crowd will play a big part.
Get off with a win here and you could be looking at Waterford and Clare with no point from 2 games.
This game is big
Rebels Abu

Getting a little apprehensive about Sunday now, I think Waterfords workrate and crowding the middle tactic could cause us huge problems, plus they will try target our full back line and they have the tools to do that. And that’s without even taking into account our lack of game time as a unit.

I hope to god we see change on Sunday in picking the likes of Tommy, BRoche, Dalton, Power and maybe one or two more. For far too long we haven’t matched the opposition in terms of attitude and aggression but I expect a sea change on Sunday.

Will it be enough? God knows. From the outside it looks like we are going in with a lot of question marks, but we have to remember we have had a good months training behind us so things maybe fairly settled within the camp. I’m looking foward to seeing how we set up and approach this.
It’s just a special time kid when all our club colors just unite into Red .
It is special because we can all remember the first game we were brought to as a kid and it never goes away.
The hope that a any new season brings and all united behind a Cork team for me is a unique aspect of us because we always bring huge crowds even in bad times.
I really love this time of year when no matter what sport people follow they know the rebels are about to start playing hurling.
Rebels Abu

What is the situation with Sean Twomey ? Is he fit and available for selection ? He certainly impressed me v Galway. He has that Josie Hartnett way with him - an absolute tearaway.
I wasn’t sure about him until this year to be honest. He was subdued enough in his last 20s year while on the senior panel and looked a bit lost in his couple of appearances this year. Totally different this year though, much calmer and making better decisions when to pass or go for the score. He got huge confidence from the fitzgibbon obviously and he was outstanding in Galway, one lethal goal in particular. Won’t be a bit surprised to see him in the mix in the next few weeks and he’ll be a a serious handful for any defender.

It’s just a special time kid when all our club colors just unite into Red .
It is special because we can all remember the first game we were brought to as a kid and it never goes away.
The hope that a any new season brings and all united behind a Cork team for me is a unique aspect of us because we always bring huge crowds even in bad times.
I really love this time of year when no matter what sport people follow they know the rebels are about to start playing hurling.
Rebels Abu
Exactly fin, this week is like Christmas Eve as a kid, we know what’s coming but we don’t know what we’re going to get. Hopefully we will be on the nice list this year 🤣

I wasn’t sure about him until this year to be honest. He was subdued enough in his last 20s year while on the senior panel and looked a bit lost in his couple of appearances this year. Totally different this year though, much calmer and making better decisions when to pass or go for the score. He got huge confidence from the fitzgibbon obviously and he was outstanding in Galway, one lethal goal in particular. Won’t be a bit surprised to see him in the mix in the next few weeks and he’ll be a a serious handful for any defender.
This tends to get overlooked when we are discussing possible options. Himself and Dalton bullied the Galway defence that day. I’d expect Sean to play a big role for us this year

How many of the newer players (un20 winners and league form) Do you starting?
I don’t really know maybe B Roach and Tommy O Connell but it’s great to have the blend of youth involved especially on the bench.
With T de Burca out ( poor lad has been through some injuries) will Lyons or Fagan go 6 whom are more attacking than a pocket 6 . I went to the Waterford/Tipp league game and Tipp could have 6-7 goals and just my opinion but De Burca is a massive loss.
I can’t see Gleeson going 14 with Kiely inside but it’s likely he may float from 11 around.
Barrett Dessie and young Fitzgerald are seriously good forwards and Waterford are very athletic.
Tough game to call and hopefully the crowd will play a big part.
Get off with a win here and you could be looking at Waterford and Clare with no point from 2 games.
This game is big
Rebels Abu
I would be starting Brian Roche, Tommy O Connell and Padraig Power and when available Eoin Downey. I think Sean Twomey, Brian Hayes, Ethan Twomey and Conor O Callaghan will see game time too

Yes this game is huge but they all are in the Munster championship

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Colin Geddis - Overkill
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Tony Milner

The Welcome Inn, Tomorrow @ 10:30pm

More events ▼