Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Darragh Fitz Harnedy Twomey
Robbie Dalton Barrett

Would be my starting forward line for Championship if all fit and raring to go. The chances of that happening right away is of course very low.

Dalton and Horgan an easy swap if needs be but I'd prefer Dalton as he can interchange with Twomey or Harnedy as a different focal point and Horgan would be better in my opinion as an impact sub when a full back line are tired and things open up in a 2nd half and a crucial point or two can swing momentum.

Realistically all can interchange and swap effectively. Darragh Fitz a bigger scoring threat than Tim O Mahony and won't have half a defence bursting at him as soon as ball is in hand like he has done at midfield.

Tim and Roche or Meade midfield although I think Brian O Sullivan or Tommy O Connell could be the men for the job going in the near future. I fear O Connells lack of height may catch him out. Tim adds a big, range athletic aspect to midfield which we've been severely missing in recent teams. He was rusty the last day but he was growing back into it with every ball.

Darragh Fitz Harnedy Twomey
Robbie Dalton Barrett

Would be my starting forward line for Championship if all fit and raring to go. The chances of that happening right away is of course very low.

Dalton and Horgan an easy swap if needs be but I'd prefer Dalton as he can interchange with Twomey or Harnedy as a different focal point and Horgan would be better in my opinion as an impact sub when a full back line are tired and things open up in a 2nd half and a crucial point or two can swing momentum.

Realistically all can interchange and swap effectively. Darragh Fitz a bigger scoring threat than Tim O Mahony and won't have half a defence bursting at him as soon as ball is in hand like he has done at midfield.

Tim and Roche or Meade midfield although I think Brian O Sullivan or Tommy O Connell could be the men for the job going in the near future. I fear O Connells lack of height may catch him out. Tim adds a big, range athletic aspect to midfield which we've been severely missing in recent teams. He was rusty the last day but he was growing back into it with every ball.
Tom cannot defend.

Ben maybe because he has slipped down the pecking order but if you think last nights performance is going to stop Eoin Downey making the senior team you are delusional
Ah come off it. It certainly didn’t help him. It’s one game. More than time to make up for it but another similar performance wouldn’t be good.

F
Ah come off it. It certainly didn’t help him. It’s one game. More than time to make up for it but another similar performance wouldn’t be good.
It didn’t help who?

Anyway the internal Senior games will have more relevance than last night when it comes to picking the championship team

Awful quiet around here. Let me try to get some banter going. Who would you say has to be our best player for Cork to make a run this year? I’m going to say Robbie O’Flynn.

Was in KK last Sunday and finally got to watch the recording tonight.
Not as bad as I expected on second viewing.
Defence apart from the obvious errors actually did a lot right.
I think Rob Downey is going to be hard to dislodge from defence after that performance.
Tommy O Connell likewise.
Barrett a definite starter.
Power probably a 50/50 call and he will start some games if not the first.
Kingston is an impact sub unless there’s lot of injuries.
Jack O on the bench too.
Conor Calalane and Luke meade contesting a bench spot.
If he’s fit I’d be looking at Daragh Fitz in forwards and Tim in midfield with Roche.
When you add in Harnedy, Twomey/Dalton plus Tim and Daragh, you’ve decent options for puckouts in the middle third.

Was in KK last Sunday and finally got to watch the recording tonight.
Not as bad as I expected on second viewing.
Defence apart from the obvious errors actually did a lot right.
I think Rob Downey is going to be hard to dislodge from defence after that performance.
Tommy O Connell likewise.
Barrett a definite starter.
Power probably a 50/50 call and he will start some games if not the first.
Kingston is an impact sub unless there’s lot of injuries.
Jack O on the bench too.
Conor Calalane and Luke meade contesting a bench spot.
If he’s fit I’d be looking at Daragh Fitz in forwards and Tim in midfield with Roche.
When you add in Harnedy, Twomey/Dalton plus Tim and Daragh, you’ve decent options for puckouts in the middle third.
Even coming out of Nowlan Park last Sunday I wasn’t too dissapointed, We looked solid enough in defence considering the amount of ball that was coming down on top of us, I think that 6 is very close to our championship 6 with Sean, if fit, replacing Damien

It was from there up we had problems, both midfielders are great young prospects but right now they are probably too raw to play together midfield in championship so I’d be bringing Darragh Fitz or Tim in there, probably Darragh, to partner Brian Roche

Our half foward line must all be capable of winning ball, disrupting the opposition and contributing on the scoreboard so it has to be Dalton, Seamus and Tim for me, or Darragh if Tim is midfield

The inside line is up for grabs, if fit Robbie must be at 13, with the other two spots between Hoggy, Paudie, Barrett and Lehane. I’d only start Kingston if Robbie isn’t fit enough

Even coming out of Nowlan Park last Sunday I wasn’t too dissapointed, We looked solid enough in defence considering the amount of ball that was coming down on top of us, I think that 6 is very close to our championship 6 with Sean, if fit, replacing Damien

It was from there up we had problems, both midfielders are great young prospects but right now they are probably too raw to play together midfield in championship so I’d be bringing Darragh Fitz or Tim in there, probably Darragh, to partner Brian Roche

Our half foward line must all be capable of winning ball, disrupting the opposition and contributing on the scoreboard so it has to be Dalton, Seamus and Tim for me, or Darragh if Tim is midfield

The inside line is up for grabs, if fit Robbie must be at 13, with the other two spots between Hoggy, Paudie, Barrett and Lehane. I’d only start Kingston if Robbie isn’t fit enough
Wouldn't argue with too much of that.
I'd prefer Barrett starting in the half-forward line with Dalton inside. Can always rotate. Biggest other concern would be that we haven't seen Darragh Fitz in the new regime. Work-rate, in particular assisting with shutting down the opposition when they have the sliotar needs to be upped.
Other than that good to go!!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Cork City Organ Group

Cantys, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼