Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Eoin sacrificed his own game to mark Patrick Fitzgerald who is a great talent so I would say he done ok considering.

Ben wasn’t at his best but he kept showing and fighting for the ball. His scores in those conditions were vital.

I don’t think Pat Ryan will be too alarmed if that’s what you mean
A full back’s role is to stop the forward from playing. Someone earlier pointed out he is 19, in my opinion he’s not ready to be our full back. He’d be coming up against very experienced players like Flanagan, Callanan etc and I don’t think he’s ready for that.

Showing and fighting for the ball is the bare minimum we should expect of forward.

Both lads will have better days.

Eoin sacrificed his own game to mark Patrick Fitzgerald who is a great talent so I would say he done ok considering.

Ben wasn’t at his best but he kept showing and fighting for the ball. His scores in those conditions were vital.

I don’t think Pat Ryan will be too alarmed if that’s what you mean
Agreed, i think if Wilk was fully fit he tends to get these man marking jobs on the main threats at school/minor level so would've probably picked him up and ED would've seen more of the game.

Outside of his performance (which I thought was reasonable but not great) did anybody else notice ED swinging the hurley a la Cathal Barrett as he was coming out with the ball? Something he'd want to watch cos it could get him in trouble again. Couple of things to iron out but himself and Joyce are going to be the two cornerstones of Cork hurling for the next 10 years.

Outside of his performance (which I thought was reasonable but not great) did anybody else notice ED swinging the hurley a la Cathal Barrett as he was coming out with the ball? Something he'd want to watch cos it could get him in trouble again.
Nothing at all wrong with it, Tommy Timber for one was brilliant at it 🤣🤣🤣

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Elsewhere - A New Opera by Michael Gallen
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

17th Apr 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼