Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I think Cork will experiment as much as Limerick will, maybe more.

How else will they find out if some of these young lads are ready or near ready.

I think both teams will be reasonably strong with a mixture of young lads thrown in.
experienced team or a team of young boys.

You learn nothian ng from Playing

Not long ago you had a proper league with the top 6 teams in Div 1 and the next 6 in Div.2 and so on.But if im right the counties complained that the leagues were to competitive and the gaa agreed and gave us what we have now,beat the westmeath's of this world and you stay up .

Ah the league is grand. Nobody has ever taken it that seriously or if they have they shouldn't have. When it was 6 teams in a division it was way too cut throat and you couldn't trial players .

Not sure if lads would agree with me or not but I was disappointed in Hoggy's comments this week. I have no doubt that what he said was true as I have heard similar rumblings from other players regarding the setup but Shane Kingston is still Hoggy's team mate and ffs Hoggy is around long enough to know that slagging off Shane's father in the press ( albeit without directly pointing the gun at him or naming him ) is surely not the right approach to take in building trust and togetherness in that dressing room. I think he should have kept his mouth shut and leave last year behind him - if I were Pat Ryan I would be reminding him of that. I will give him the benefit of the doubt that perhaps he was mis-quoted or that certain comments were sensationalized by the journalist but the way it came across in the paper it appeared to be very poor judgement by an experienced player who should know better. Cork can't afforfd any of this shite this year if we are to have any chance of being successful. The One-Cork motto has to start inside in the dressing-room and within the overall setup as if they are not 100% on the same page we are fucked.

Ah the league is grand. Nobody has ever taken it that seriously or if they have they shouldn't have. When it was 6 teams in a division it was way too cut throat and you couldn't trial players .

...unless of course Limerick batter us out the gate on Saturday in which case the sky will be falling and we're doomed!!

Hoggy on Matt Cooper yesterday - bit more circumspect than he came across on the newspaper interview. He did give the impression that he expected to be starting every game mind you, which is fine as long as expectation doesn't drift into entitlement!!
Said he's feeling great, loving the training, fitter than ever and raring to go so all in all, very positive.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Houseplants
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

24th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼