Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Opened hurling thread. Scrolled through 6/7 pages of God only knows what. Any chance of wrapping it up so I won't have to the same again in an hour.
Happy to. Be interesting to see what new faces appear on Saturday night. Quite a few playing Fitzgibbon this week so could end up being an experienced team put out.

“Every fella is driving on, we’re getting a buzz off each other and a buzz off the positivity around the whole group. It’s a great place to go. When I go to work in the morning I’m thinking, ‘I can’t wait to go training tonight’, and that’s always a good place to be.”

Good to hear Hoggy!
Sean O'D said something along the same lines after the Munster League final.

Hopefully we see that translate to performances on the pitch over the next month.

Just posting to help draw a line under the nonsense that the 2 are posting! Maybe it’s the one person with two accounts because it’s hard to believe real people would carry on like that.

Looking forward to the league kicking off this weekend and hopefully we can build a team to be proud of this season. Certainly last year was a season to forget apart from a few moments a surprise win versus Waterford that got things back on track. We’ve got the management team that most people here wanted, so that’s a good start.

Just posting to help draw a line under the nonsense that the 2 are posting! Maybe it’s the one person with two accounts because it’s hard to believe real people would carry on like that.

Looking forward to the league kicking off this weekend and hopefully we can build a team to be proud of this season. Certainly last year was a season to forget apart from a few moments a surprise win versus Waterford that got things back on track. We’ve got the management team that most people here wanted, so that’s a good start.
I think we can. I’m interested to see how Millerick, Twomey, Roche, Joyce, O’Leary and a few others push on. Some real potential in that group

Assume Cork will put out a strong side. I imagine Limerick's timing with regard to S&C will be different and you'd have to fancy a Cork win.
To show how seriously Limerick take the league their record against top class opposition in the last 2 years is: W1 D2 L5

Crankycorner

Sully was part of last years management that Hoggy is complaining about so you using Sullys rant against Hoggy is farcical.

IMO the strikes were vindicated based on player welfare and my issue with Donal Og is his support for the short passing possession game and his poor management of the Cork minors in 2020, certainly not his rant on the Sunday Game.

What I state to you and North Cork on Hoggy being dropped is that Cork would have defeated Galway with him on the frees and the management you defend entrusted the free taking duties with Conor Lehane who they dropped completely from the panel the previous year. No set up deeming to be successful in any sport works in that manner.

I will predict here and now that Pat Ryan will have 3 players on frees in the 2023 championship before Conor Lehane namely Hoggy, Dalton and Kingston and I for one would not advocate the dropping of Conor Lehane from the panel. Injury to all 3 aforementioned players is the only reason I could see Conor Lehane on the frees.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Horgan Brothers: Princes Of The Picture Theatre
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

30th May 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

Ceili By The Lee

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼