Cork Hurlers - Part 2

To be fair the gist of the discussion is taking the thread into the "boo hoo we are not Limerick" territory, which is kind of pointless.:sleep:

The team to play Kerry is going to be announced at noon tomorrow.
Having a game to watch on Thursday is a grand cure for post Christmas blues.
Looking forward to seeing how the new additions perform.
Don't let me down lads, it's a tough week! :)

Last edited:
Fitzgibbon and Coleman out might be a blessing in disguise. More lads will get their chance to step up and stake a claim. And both can be added back in later in league/ c ship.

Corks immediate goal should be to find a settled 6 backs who will not leak the huge scores we have become accustomed to.
It’s pivotal we settle on a 3 and 6 early.

Why? As you say yourself (this time of year, for the last three years) the final is a long time away and lot could change.

I am saying it because some on here seem to believe that all Limerick have to do is turn up and the title is theirs. I think season 2023 will be more competitive again than previous years and Limerick will undoubtedly start as favourites but it gets harder each year for champions to stay ahead of the pack. 2022 was more competitive than 2021 and I think this year will be even more so.

Fitzgibbon and Coleman out might be a blessing in disguise. More lads will get their chance to step up and stake a claim. And both can be added back in later in league/ c ship.

Corks immediate goal should be to find a settled 6 backs who will not leak the huge scores we have become accustomed to.

It’s pivotal we settle on a 3 and 6 early.

I
I think that is sensible. It sounds as if Connolly and Fitzgibbon will be back for Championship and if we are lucky enough to go deep into the championship then maybe Mark Coleman can play a role as well.
The ideal opportunity for others to put their hand up.

1. Ger Collins (Ballinhassig)
  2. Sean O’Donoghue (Inniscarra) Captain
  3. Niall O’Leary (Castlelyons)
  4. Eoin Roche (Bride Rovers)
  5. Mark Keane (Ballygiblin)
  6. Tommy O’Connell (Midleton)
  7. Rob Downey (Glen Rovers)
  8. Ethan Twomey (St Finbarr’s)
  9. Sam Quirke (Midleton)
  10. Brian Roche (Bride Rovers)
  11. Conor Lehane (Midleton)
  12. Cormac Beausang (Midleton)
  13. Alan Cadogan (Douglas)
  14. Declan Dalton (Fr O’Neills)
  15. Shane Kingston (Douglas)
  16. Patrick Collins (Ballinhassig)
  17. Ciarán Joyce (Castlemartyr)
  18. Cormac O’Brien (Newtownshandrum)
  19. Sean O’Leary-Hayes (Midleton)
  20. Brian O’Sullivan (Kanturk)
  21. Ben Cunningham (St Finbarr’s)
  22. Shane Barrett (Blarney)
  23. Colin Walsh (Kanturk)
  24. Conor Cahalane (St Finbarr’s)
  25. Luke Meade (Newcestown)
  26. Patrick Horgan (Glen Rovers)

Good to see Dalton playing in his favored position. Also a bit surprised to see Mark Keane selected, they would not be picking a senior player if they were lining out with their club in an all Ireland final. He may not play though.

Yeah! Keane is a surprise inclusion, he may not line out though!

Interesting that Pat Ryan is persisting with Ger Collins as among the sub 'keepers at least by giving him game time tomorrow night which he didn't get last year.

Surprising there's no player from Pat Ryan's own club of Sars. I was hoping to see Aaron Myers play in these games and the League, is he on the panel? Brian Murphy and Jack O'Connor also not involved?

Good to see Beausang and Dalton in the starting line-up.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼