Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Great post, exactly what I have been crying out for for the last 5 years, we need to man up and be able to take on teams physically before we can start letting our hurling do the talking

Daire O Leary at 3, Joyce at 6, RDowney at 7 with the other wing up for grabs with EDowney, Ethan Twomey and a hopefully more bulked up Ger Millerick as front runners.
Brian Roche or a Brian Roche type has to be played midfield
10 and 12 will be key to the whole thing, I’m praying Brian Hayes is pursuaded to switch codes with Tim O Mahony on the other wing, Coleman at 11 dropping deep with Dalton at 14 covering the no 6, Connolly and Barrett inside working in tandem close to goal
Not bad at all....I saw Darragh oleary training yesterday with wgh and he looks in tremendous condition....strong as an ox.....

Great post, exactly what I have been crying out for for the last 5 years, we need to man up and be able to take on teams physically before we can start letting our hurling do the talking

Daire O Leary at 3, Joyce at 6, RDowney at 7 with the other wing up for grabs with EDowney, Ethan Twomey and a hopefully more bulked up Ger Millerick as front runners.
10 and 12 will be key to the whole thing, I’m praying Brian Hayes is pursuaded to switch codes with Tim O Mahony on the other wing, Coleman at 11 dropping deep with Dalton at 14 covering the no 6, Connolly and Barrett inside working in tandem close to goal
Do you believe Brian Hayes will join the hurling squad? What is the feeling in Tougher which path he will take?

I echo a lot of these points R&B. I feel Daire’s best position could be wing back. Himself and Rob would be two huge men on the wing with plenty of hurling and physicality. Both could do a job at 3 but I feel they could make a strong half back line pairing.

The number 3 position is a huge problem. We have no out and out full back in the squad really. Eoin Roche could be definitely be an option as he’s an out and out defender who is excellent at the defending fundamentals. Then again he plays centre back with his club, but impressed at 3 during the u20 campaign and I could see Pat Ryan giving him a go there.

As regards midfield, I think Brian Roche should be a definite for his work rate and Hurling brain. Ethan Twomey is another fella who I think would suit midfield. A strong lad with plenty of hurling. Could see TOM given a run in the league there as well but would like to see him in the forwards.

Coleman at 11 has to be at least given a go. Saw him play for Blarney a couple of times in a similar role and he seemed to flourish. One of the most gifted hurlers in Ireland, but is way too loose to be a defender imo.

I echo a lot of these points R&B. I feel Daire’s best position could be wing back. Himself and Rob would be two huge men on the wing with plenty of hurling and physicality. Both could do a job at 3 but I feel they could make a strong half back line pairing.

The number 3 position is a huge problem. We have no out and out full back in the squad really. Eoin Roche could be definitely be an option as he’s an out and out defender who is excellent at the defending fundamentals. Then again he plays centre back with his club, but impressed at 3 during the u20 campaign and I could see Pat Ryan giving him a go there.

As regards midfield, I think Brian Roche should be a definite for his work rate and Hurling brain. Ethan Twomey is another fella who I think would suit midfield. A strong lad with plenty of hurling. Could see TOM given a run in the league there as well but would like to see him in the forwards.

Coleman at 11 has to be at least given a go. Saw him play for Blarney a couple of times in a similar role and he seemed to flourish. One of the most gifted hurlers in Ireland, but is way too loose to be a defender imo.
If the players go well in the club championships they will be selected. Mad really how the new manager is basing selection on peformance. Few lads in the Departure lounge i'd say.

a video that popped up on my Youtube feed, Ted Owens speaking at the launch of Cairde Chorcai back in 2019. A quick look on their facebook and twitter page and nothing posted in about two years. What the hell was this all about and why did it fail before it even started?

Do you believe Brian Hayes will join the hurling squad? What is the feeling in Tougher which path he will take?
Intrested in this too as I think he's a fine talent
Unfortunately I think he will stick with the football because Brian is a loyal guy, he doesn’t like leaving people down but I’m holding out hope that Pat Ryan might just have enough sway to change his mind. It’s now or never for him as regards Cork hurling and he could return to football a lot easier in a few years time if the hurling didn’t work out, which I couldn’t see happening as to me he is a superstar in waiting in the hurling

Unfortunately I think he will stick with the football because Brian is a loyal guy, he doesn’t like leaving people down but I’m holding out hope that Pat Ryan might just have enough sway to change his mind. It’s now or never for him as regards Cork hurling and he could return to football a lot easier in a few years time if the hurling didn’t work out, which I couldn’t see happening as to me he is a superstar in waiting in the hurling
Superstars in waiting in Cork for 20 years. He will stick with Football because he said he would unlike the previous Dual Superstars in waiting who did the Foxtrot with both codes but really serving none.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Seattle Grunge Experience
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

25th May 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Ben Portsmouth - This Is Elvis

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼