Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Concern is a big word, It interests me me that cork people can get so obsessed with the brilliance of a young man that has literally done nothing much so far.

The pressure of this kind of nonsense is ludicrous
Pa O Callaghan was the previous lord god almighty

I wouldnt be making these kind of claims about the impact of Aidan McCarthy in a clare context next year and he has delivered in serious matchs for the clare seniors already before his injury
To be fair it's not accurate to say , that he has "done nothing".
He's scored an immense amount for Fr O’Neills and was a key player with Imokilly when they won the county in 2019.
There's something about his style and character that stands out - I think many Cork people just want to see how he would fare if he stayed injury free and got another chance.

To be fair it's not accurate to say , that he has "done nothing".
He's scored an immense amount for Fr O’Neills and was a key player with Imokilly when they won the county in 2019.
There's something about his style and character that stands out - I think many Cork people just want to see how he would fare if he stayed injury free and got another chance.
The way people go on about Dalton here you'd think he'll be the second coming of Ring.
I'd love to see him progress and wish him luck but on the evidence we have:
He's a standout player at Senior A level for O'Neils and has performed well on a very good Imokily team.

At Inter-co level I remember him playing on the team when Myler was over them - played with Darragh Fitz - won in Waterford (scored a nice pen. to win it), I think he got sent off in the next round against Limk. where Cork lost. - I do remember that he had a quite game.

Senior InterCo. - at championship level - he played very well against Dublin in the 2020 championship, and was playing well against Tipp but had to come off injured on 50mins?
Then on top of that I remember a couple of cameos, scored against Limk. in 2019 from under the stand - and scored a similar point last year against KK.
I can't recall how he's gone in league games

To my mind he's never performed consistently as well as say even an Alan Connoly at Senior level - he seems to be injury prone, and he lacks a bit of pace.
On the plus side - he's accurate, he's big - but I doubt he'd be a consistent puc out target, and he works hard.

I remember a pen picture of him a while back saying he was 1.8 ms
thats 6ft
maybe you can produce something to the contrary but this is interesting

wikipedia mini page

Declan Dalton​

Description​

Declan Dalton is an Irish hurler who plays as a forward for club side Fr. O'Neill's, divisional side Imokilly and at inter-county level with the Cork senior hurling team. Wikipedia
Born: November 6, 1997 (age 24 years), Cork
Height: 1.83 m
Cork titles: 3

but click in and

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TH]Irish name[/TH]
[TD]Déaglán Daltúin[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Sport[/TH]
[TD]Hurling[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Position[/TH]
[TD]Full-forward[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Born[/TH]
[TD]6 November 1997 (age 24)
Ballymacoda County Cork, Ireland[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Height[/TH]
[TD]6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH]Nickname[/TH]
[TD]Deccie[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

I wonder is there a bit of generosity going on here as is the norm with lads playing

hes definitely bigger than i thought if he is 6 ft 2.
still not convinced
the photos above are not in any way instructive
You are taking wiki as gospel? 🤣🤣🤣

Concern is a big word, It interests me me that cork people can get so obsessed with the brilliance of a young man that has literally done nothing much so far.

The pressure of this kind of nonsense is ludicrous
Pa O Callaghan was the previous lord god almighty

I wouldnt be making these kind of claims about the impact of Aidan McCarthy in a clare context next year and he has delivered in serious matchs for the clare seniors already before his injury
What pressure? Some posters are saying he would improve us not turn us into the greatest hurling team of all time. The lack of balanced analysis on here is ridiculous, he’s either Christy Ring or Christy Browne 🤣🤣🤣

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

25th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Felix Da Housecat

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼