Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Ian butler played with UCC . Was really good in goal . Should be worth a look at , He was The sub goalie for Cork when Denis ring was involved with the under 20's

I'd give Dalton a shot in goal if he wants it. A fantastic keeper. He has a real presence in the goal and his puck outs would be very good with a bit of work.

He's been unlucky with injuries but you'd imagine playing in goal would spare his body a fair bit more so if he wants to play senior for Cork it might be his best bet.

Collins may well turn out to be a good senior IC keeper but the last two years hasn't filled me with confidence.

To be fair I thought Collins was very good in 2021 A change of playing style from those outfield and different tactics might benefit him under new management I think he's best keeper in Cork by a long way

Is Dalton that good ,on the team and liam is coming home.
he is a strong lad with average height and no pace who favours his left side but is a good accurate striker.
He gets better by the year the longer people dont see him playing
the talk about him here is beyond ludicrous and unfair to the young lad if he does get back on the panel with this level of bullshit about him

I have a vague memory of some idiot fucking local journalist from cork ( i imagine he is here somewhere) that i had a go at online because he wrote and article about cork winning multiple all Irelands with Dalton winning Player of the Year when the kid wasnt even on the cork team

Its bloody insane

A remarkable number of that team still playing senior inter county hurling.

I think injury has kept DD away from the team more than anything.
He was just establishing in the team three years ago but has been injured a lot since then.

Remember the game against Tipp in Semple three years ago where he was playing centre forward, got injured and was replaced by Conor Lehane who just didn't have the ball winning aboility of Dalton.
I have always felt we lost that game because of the injury to Dalton.
Dalton worked his way back from injury early this year, got himself fit but then pulled his hamstring (I think) and was told go way and get yourself fit. Within weeks he was back shooting out the lights with his club but was never invited back on to the cork panel. He was treated appallingly and should never have been let go

I well remember that game against Tipp when he looked right at home but some idiots here would have you believe he’s never played well for Corlk

he is a strong lad with average height and no pace who favours his left side but is a good accurate striker.
He gets better by the year the longer people dont see him playing
the talk about him here is beyond ludicrous and unfair to the young lad if he does get back on the panel with this level of bullshit about him

I have a vague memory of some idiot fucking local journalist from cork ( i imagine he is here somewhere) that i had a go at online because he wrote and article about cork winning multiple all Irelands with Dalton winning Player of the Year when the kid wasnt even on the cork team

Its bloody insane
Average height? Have you ever stood next to the man? He’s a monster

You’re worse than the outgoing cork management listening too much to online criticism 🤣

Agree with red on Daltons size he is a big man but as i have said before the longer he dosn't make the team the better he becomes and i rate him now as the 3rd best player ever in Imokilly:D:D:D:D

Dalton worked his way back from injury early this year, got himself fit but then pulled his hamstring (I think) and was told go way and get yourself fit. Within weeks he was back shooting out the lights with his club but was never invited back on to the cork panel. He was treated appallingly and should never have been let go

I well remember that game against Tipp when he looked right at home but some idiots here would have you believe he’s never played well for Corlk
I find it difficult to blame management regarding Declan Dalton, the last couple of seasons for him have been unlucky for him because of injury and when a county panel is getting close to championship then it is hard for anybody to break back in.

If he can stay fit then he will absolutely be there next year.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Fist Of Pure Emotion - Spring Fling!
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

26th Apr 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Ben Portsmouth - This Is Elvis

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼