Cork Hurlers - Part 2

There has been 2 names Dalton and O Brien been offered up here as future cork stars but imho its the backline we should be discussing. Darren Browne was the best club player i saw playing in defence last year and was full sure he would get a run in the league.

There has been 2 names Dalton and O Brien been offered up here as future cork stars but imho its the backline we should be discussing. Darren Browne was the best club player i saw playing in defence last year and was full sure he would get a run in the league.
I'd imagine eoin roche, ethan twomey, moynihan, eoin Downey will also be given opportunities in defence.

If DD is as good as some say he is then KK and his selectors should never be left near a team again.
No one is making him out to be the second coming of Ray Cummins but he’s got a raw deal over the last few years and would be a huge addition to our panel and probably our team, but he needs to be backed and given a proper run

Darren browne I mentioned here last year having seen him with kanturk, excellent
Got a run straight out of u21 but was too soon at time for him. Worth another shot I think

Listening to Sully on OTB - it's definitely Nash that has annoyed them with some comments
I've heard nash on that podcast. Fairly accurate stuff. Seems sully can't handle any pundit telling the reality

Don't think they get on well anyway. The story was it was Sully who was the main pusher to get nash to "retire". Nash wanted to stay on but was told he wouldn't be on panel so was given the option to release the statement saying he was retiring.
Think nash also feels they are trying to push out Hoggie at moment in a similar manner so he's less than complimentary to the management

It's okay to consider Deccie Dalton as a goalkeeper option but he hasn't played there for 5 years and the real question that has to asked is does he want to play there himself. When Hoggy eventually goes Dalton should be the freetaker but Alan Connolly and Darragh Flynn are other serious options for the future.

I would not rule out Patrick Collins and believe him to be a good 'keeper, I believe him to be a victim of various managements obsessed with youth but forgetting that these guys hadn't won at underage and required some coaching. It's different going with young players who are good enough but have AI U-20 medals. It was the opposite with Martin Coleman taking over from Donal Og as he was too old starting off in the league final of 2012 and had been hanging around too long to get his chance. Cathal Hickey, Kieran Walsh and Gavin Connolly are all very good 'keepers and may give a 1-2 year commitment if approached by Pat Ryan and his selectors.
Kieran Walsh ? From kilworth. Think he's 42 this year. He'd hardly be getting the call up at this stage

I've heard nash on that podcast. Fairly accurate stuff. Seems sully can't handle any pundit telling the reality

Don't think they get on well anyway. The story was it was Sully who was the main pusher to get nash to "retire". Nash wanted to stay on but was told he wouldn't be on panel so was given the option to release the statement saying he was retiring.
Think nash also feels they are trying to push out Hoggie at moment in a similar manner so he's less than complimentary to the management
Maybe Nash should have stayed on! Current goalkeeper isn’t exactly breeding confidence, and Nash was by far the better goalkeeper. Sully wasn’t slow to criticize Gerald McCarthy’s training techniques in the past. What goes around comes around!

You're right actually. First game

Cork:
D Dalton (Fr O’Neills); S Smith (Midleton), D Griffin (Carrigaline), N O’Leary (Castlelyons); M Coleman (Blarney), E Murphy (Sarsfields), D Lowney (Clonakilty); C O’Leary (Valley Rovers), D Fitzgibbon (Charleville); T O’Mahony (Shandrum), R O’Flynn (Erins Own), S Kingston (Douglas); B Dunne (Fr O’Neills), C Cormack (Blackrock), M O’Halloran (Blackrock).

Subs:
D Gunning (Na Piarsaigh) for O’Flynn (HT), J Looney (Aghada) for Dunne (44 mins),
A remarkable number of that team still playing senior inter county hurling.
Deccie Dalton is a physically strong forward that can catch a ball and has an unbelievable strike. He’d at least worth having around the panel.
I think injury has kept DD away from the team more than anything.
He was just establishing in the team three years ago but has been injured a lot since then.

Remember the game against Tipp in Semple three years ago where he was playing centre forward, got injured and was replaced by Conor Lehane who just didn't have the ball winning aboility of Dalton.
I have always felt we lost that game because of the injury to Dalton.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sprints
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

25th Apr 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Felix Da Housecat

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼