Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I saw Dalton in league v KK. Lack of work rate was the problem then.
I don't think he's mobile enough but he's definitely worth trying again. I doubt he's the second coming some on here seem to think he is but hopefully Im wrong because he has a lot of other things going for him, its just lack of mobility and speed tends to be a deal-breaker at the highest level.

Was subkeeper for the cork minors. Played in goals for imokilly seniors the two years before they won the first county. Was called onto the Cork u21s as a keeper but played his way outfield after the selectors saw him playing a league game with Fr O'Neills.

Was in goals for Cork during the Waterford crystal of 2016 as well

1096424.jpg
I am sure I saw him play minor in Goals against Limerick in 2015, was taking long range fees and missed lots of them.
Beaten by a point after beating Limerick before that.
I think Shane Kingston was after breaking a leg between the games.

I am sure I saw him play minor in Goals against Limerick in 2015, was taking long range fees and missed lots of them.
Beaten by a point after beating Limerick before that.
I think Shane Kingston was after breaking a leg between the games.
You're right actually. First game

Cork:
D Dalton (Fr O’Neills); S Smith (Midleton), D Griffin (Carrigaline), N O’Leary (Castlelyons); M Coleman (Blarney), E Murphy (Sarsfields), D Lowney (Clonakilty); C O’Leary (Valley Rovers), D Fitzgibbon (Charleville); T O’Mahony (Shandrum), R O’Flynn (Erins Own), S Kingston (Douglas); B Dunne (Fr O’Neills), C Cormack (Blackrock), M O’Halloran (Blackrock).

Subs:
D Gunning (Na Piarsaigh) for O’Flynn (HT), J Looney (Aghada) for Dunne (44 mins),

If DD is as good as some say he is then KK and his selectors should never be left near a team again.
As I said here before and was accused of never seeing him(start of programme gate) he has played several times in the league over the years and never set the world on fire.
Maybe Pat Ryan's style will suit him but it remains to be seen.

If DD is as good as some say he is then KK and his selectors should never be left near a team again.
I wouldn't say he's the next coming of Setanta but jesus to go from being a player Kingston thought highly enough of to come on in the All Ireland Final last year to not even being on an extended panel you'd have to A. Have been amputated or B. Have a serious falling out with someone picking the team.

Not saying either of those are true. Even putting aside him being injured early in the year, you don't just get dropped clean. They always say "the door is always open" or the panel is fluid and fellas are in and out etc. There's something to the story we're not hearing.

Likewise Niall Cashman actually. Came on last years final as well

I wouldn't say he's the next coming of Setanta but jesus to go from being a player Kingston thought highly enough of to come on in the All Ireland Final last year to not even being on an extended panel you'd have to A. Have been amputated or B. Have a serious falling out with someone picking the team.
Quite possible. I like Dalton because he teak tough for one thing, can catch a ball and a serious puck on him. Would I have started him the year gone? Not sure but I certainly would have had him on the bench considering some of the players we carried, we have a lot of similar type forwards and for me he is something different, a plan b if needed.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Throwback Thursdays - Spring Break Party

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼