Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Cork are an amazing option for any manager with ambition, huge potential.
As for the extension, fellas getting fixated on if it happened in the fucking dressing room or the carpark, it doesn’t matter it happened and he was offered a 12 month extension, only in the cb executive can they explain how this was seen as a good idea but it happened and the fact the examiner have doubled down on it again today with zero rebuttal from the cb should be enough

No one said that or reported it.
"Kingston was offered the extension by Cork County Board officials in Semple Stadium "
Sound_y is the only one that is saying they actually went into the dressing room.
He has been offered an extension, that is definite.

Not sure where but I do recall reading that it was in the dressing room (in my mind I was comparing it to Neil Lennon being allegedly reappointed Celtic in the showers after Celtic had just clinched another Treble NL having stepped into the breach when Rogers left in the closing stages of the season) that KK was made the offer, and it was done in the immediate wake of the Galway defeat.

You're not suggesting they all got into their cars and before the drove off that KK was called back into the stadium to receive the offer are you? Or that there was a special room set aside for whichever of the CCB thought it was a good idea to reappoint KK? It was most likely in and around the dressing room and I didn't question the report that I read it in.

Not that it matters much where inside the stadium/just outside the stadium/or even back in Cork that the offer was made tbh. IF the offer was made, no matter where it was made, it was wrong imho.

As for the extension, fellas getting fixated on if it happened in the fucking dressing room or the carpark, it doesn’t matter it happened and he was offered a 12 month extension, only in the cb executive can they explain how this was seen as a good idea but it happened and the fact the examiner have doubled down on it again today with zero rebuttal from the cb should be enough

Way too high handed that it was done without reference to the delegates imho.

Cork do have huge potential but it's a double edged sword for any prospective manager. The effectively 18 year wait would weigh heavily. Yes with the sponsorship we would be one of the bigger counties and almost no stone would go unturned but that extra all important 1% (everything else being equal) can be gleaned from the backroom staff which can cost money. And previous generations of Cork fans reared on much success there'd be a big expectation on whoever gets the nod.

Certainly plenty of potential in and around Cork hurling but huge pressures of expectation too I think.

He's not wanted imo

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

The Big Swinin' Mikeys

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼