Cork Hurlers - Part 2

has there even been an executive meeting since the Galway match? sounds to me like Kevin O Donovan has made the decision which will be rubber stamped by executive and a general meeting later. If this is the case why was the news leaked-to make it a fait accompli.

Ah come on - surely we can accept that Lohan and Shefflin have shown themselves better managers in their intercounty careers to date than KK has shown himself to be?
Based on one game against us? Ah stop
has there even been an executive meeting since the Galway match? sounds to me like Kevin O Donovan has made the decision which will be rubber stamped by executive and a general meeting later. If this is the case why was the news leaked-to make it a fait accompli.
First Tuesday of the month.

All the talk of KK getting offered another year by the County Board in the immediate wake of the failure to Galway made me check who exactly are the CCB Executive.

No harm to junior clubs and I'm sure all appointed are good GAA men with Cork at heart but I was kinda surprised at the current makeup of the CCB Executive tbh.

With the exception of Ballinora, I think they used to but not sure if they still play city division, doesn't seem to be any City division club rep on the executive.

Mark Sheehan - Aghabullogue
Pat Horgan - Middleton
Kevin O'Donovan - Kilmeen/Kilbree
Diarmuid Gowan - Fermoy
Francis Kenneally - Kanturk
Eoghan O'Connor - Erins Own
Noel O'Callaghan - Clonakilty
Richard Murphy - Lyre
Donal McSweeney - Ballinora
Jerry Walsh - Ballydesmond
So what? There’s capable people in all clubs in all the divisions. There’s also useless feckers in every club. Stupid post

If Frankie done that this place would be gone into meltdown

I miss those days 😀

Ah come on - surely we can accept that Lohan and Shefflin have shown themselves better managers in their intercounty careers to date than KK has shown himself to be?
Shefflin has been pretty average so far. Terrible league campaign.
Fell completely flat in the Leinster final
Beat a Cork team who were terrible and hit shocking wides
He's a lot to do yet to be even considered anyway decent. Having been a brilliant player and having club success as a manager has probably given him a bit of leeway that others wouldn't receive

If Frankie done that this place would be gone into meltdown

I miss those days 😀
He would never have been that stupid to have it all over the place before the dust even settled. He would have had it squared away quietly and it would be presented as a normal piece of business at the executive and passed……this half arsed nonsense of a manager at the end of his second unsuccessful term being given the green light for another year the weekend they are knocked out is amateur hour

Based on one game against us? Ah stop

First Tuesday of the month.

One game against us????? Shefflin in his first year already guided Galway to beat his native KK in the championship as well as a creditable draw against Wexford who gave Clare a much better game than Cork managed, and so get get Galway to a Leinster final. Fair enough KK beat them second time around but it wasn't bad going for his first year managing a squad so lacking in talent that they've been overly reliant on just four players to score.

Interesting to see that you think Shefflin no better (perhaps even worse) an intercounty manager than Kingston though. :unsure:

Shefflin has been pretty average so far. Terrible league campaign.
Fell completely flat in the Leinster final
Beat a Cork team who were terrible and hit shocking wides
He's a lot to do yet to be even considered anyway decent. Having been a brilliant player and having club success as a manager has probably given him a bit of leeway that others wouldn't receive

Can you explain what club success KK has had as a manager that he deserves the leeway he gets. You know, the leeway that has seen him put in charge of Cork not once, but twice, and now given a one year extension? He managed Tracton to what exactly?????

I really don't get the Shefflin was given "leeway that others wouldn't recieve" about a guy who has been a successful club manager and in his first season as an inter-county manager of Galway, compared to Kieran Kingston who has zero in club management and has already had TWO failed stints at managing Cork and is now being given an extension. 🤷‍♂️

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jack L
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

4th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼