Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I wasn’t aware of that R&B but it’s not a huge surprise and another reason why there needs to be a change of management as it should never happen that the players feel they need to do this.

I think there are a number of key boxes that absolutely need to be ticked entering into a season ie :

1) do management have a plan ?
2) do the players understand it ?
3) do the players fully buy into it ?
4) does each player know their own role ?
5) is each player capable of doing what is asked of them ?
6) is the morale in the camp good ?
7) will the players play for each other ?
8) will the players play for management ?

Players should always feel that management have a plan and know exactly what they are doing and what they expect from each player. The Players need to trust in that plan and execute on it. It would appear that multiple of these boxes weren’t ticked for Cork this season so the buck stops with management.
But management did have a plan, a crazy one but it was still a plan. What we need now is someone who will have a proper plan playing to our strengths and moving the ball fast into our fowards

Last edited:
It’s obvious a new management regime is required. There has been a clear lack of cohesion this year with some u turns on key players and belated tactical changes mid season.
From the outside looking in, it looks like there are now “too many cooks” on the ticket without clear leadership. Time to give Pat Ryan or Ben O Connor their chance (assuming they’re on for it).

First time poster, long time lurker. what really stands out to me over this season is that the management stumbled onto a winning formula after a disastrous start to the season. Then they inexplicably changed tact in the Antrim and Galway matches. There was definitely an element of trying to tinker too much this year and no real cohesion to how the team set up. If the management ticket doesn't change I'd say it'll be the same next year.

If KK is as decent as most think he is, he’ll do the noble thing and step aside. He’s had more than enough time and chances in fairness. If his ego gets the better of him, then he’ll be back for at least another year.

If KK is as decent as most think he is, he’ll do the noble thing and step aside. He’s had more than enough time and chances in fairness. If his ego gets the better of him, then he’ll be back for at least another year.
He’s a decent guy and he will put Cork hurling first not himself. I reckon the only way he will be pursuaded to stay on is to blood his successor, I don’t agree with it as I think we need a change of direction but Kieran might see it as a good transition plan. I hope he doesn’t

He’s a decent guy and he will put Cork hurling first not himself. I reckon the only way he will be pursuaded to stay on is to blood his successor, I don’t agree with it as I think we need a change of direction but Kieran might see it as a good transition plan. I hope he doesn’t
His time is well and truly up. Since when do losing managers get/take an extra year to blood the new guy? The mind boggles.

First time poster, long time lurker. what really stands out to me over this season is that the management stumbled onto a winning formula after a disastrous start to the season. Then they inexplicably changed tact in the Antrim and Galway matches. There was definitely an element of trying to tinker too much this year and no real cohesion to how the team set up. If the management ticket doesn't change I'd say it'll be the same next year.
Well said and welcome on board!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

17th Apr 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Thursday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼